What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

No problem... Its probably cheaper if we can put a value on weight reduction...whats a good refund value on shedding 12# by removing the EPA tumor?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Ordered the new clutch cable. (2PP-26335-02-00/$22.19) Parts for CCT recall in. Will change fluids (brake, coolant, oil) all at same time. Might be bikeless for a day, but it will be well worth it as I take long rides.  

2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Went for a ride, hit a bit of standing water faster than I'd have liked to, and it apparently swallowed my fender extender. If they don't stay on any better than that, I don't think I'll order another.
I put mine on with the adhesive and four aluminum pop rivets with backer plates and they stay put. Finish the job with a Q-tip and a little flat black paint.  
Aside from that, how'd she swim?  :D
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Installed a new Sargent rider's seat. I never ride 2-up so the pillion was not necessary. Had to take all plastics off the left side of the bike to run the wires. Also made a bracket for the controller using Sargent's template. Everything looks great. Can't wait to try out a long ride. I'll add more photos of the seat when I can get out into the sunshine.  

Disassembled.jpg

Sargent_Bracket.jpg

• Premium Member
Went for a ride, hit a bit of standing water faster than I'd have liked to, and it apparently swallowed my fender extender. If they don't stay on any better than that, I don't think I'll order another.
I put mine on with the adhesive and four aluminum pop rivets with backer plates and they stay put. Finish the job with a Q-tip and a little flat black paint.  
Aside from that, how'd she swim?  :D
The water was only about 10" deep at the deepest point. The road floods regularly when there's been a lot of rain, but the highway department normally has signs up if it's covered. Not this time. I got slowed down to 25-30 ish before hitting it. It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't bad. I was on the brakes, and the water seemed to just help me stop faster. It may have been different if the front wheel wasn't straight when I hit the water. All seemed well, so I crawled through the water and went on my way. I didn't notice the extender was gone until I got home. I had doubts about how well the adhesive would hold the thing on there. I'm curious how long it would've stayed on there had I not hit the water.

• Premium Member
I haven't done it yet, but I am getting ready to purchase a MIVV exhaust and get an ECU reflash for the bike. The exhaust will be purchased this week.

Finally got the ECU back...Them Graves Pipes belt out a heavenly chorus that can rival the Mythical Sirens Call of greek mythology...Woolich Race Kit( up/down quick shift and Launch Control) and Graves Exhaust is the way to go... After a quick 15 min trip across this small sleepy town i am gonna have to turn TCS off if i wanna get into my " zone ", the new exhaust and ECU upgrades make it waaaayyy to easy for me to light up the TCS under certain conditions where i dont want TCS to engage...

Was finally able to take my bike out for an actual spin... I cannot believe how much more smoother the power got compared to stock, i thought the motor was snappy like a built 2 stroke ?...its power way smoother than KY gel...compared to my FZ-07 you feel the power at all times due to the nature of the -07 motors, a 4 banger like a crotch rocket is smooth then in the upper rpms it hits...with this little 3 cylinder, i really cannot feel the power push me around, i cannot even tell a diffrence yet if the bike is in ECO mode or not since i have no more closed loop fueling due to Woolich Race Kit...i tried to get a sound clip of the ride but my jacket pocket was a bad location till the wind noises overpowered the microphone...will try other locations...im only doing sound clips, no need for a video with potential incriminating evidence ?... Sadly i cannot really comment on sound, i need my buddy for that but with limited hearing it sounds so heavenly with a side of racing DNA and makes you giggle when you snap the throttle

Graves w/Woolich Race Kit should be a factory option!!!!

Mostly I cleaned and polished the bike wishing the weather would break and I could take it out for a ride. I did, however, install a set of R&G knee pads. Nicely made of grippy textured rubber, they were easy to install with just a heat gun - or my wife's hair drier in my case.

IMG_20170326_153835580.jpg

2015 Yamaha FJ-09 and 2018 Yamaha XSR700

• Premium Member
Reflective_tape_3.jpg
I need these, which cases are they?duhs is right they are the city cases from Yamaha. I like them for a couple of reasons. 
First they pop on and off in just a few seconds, and they're pretty secure if you want to leave them on (they lock onto the bike) They also leave next to no visible hardware behind when they are off the bike.

Second is. They are the right size. The right size for the bike and the right size for keeping you honest about what to bring on a trip. As an old backpacker and kayaker "less is more" or "light is right"   This is a pretty light weight bike, putting 45 liter givi cases on it then filling them with stuff even light stuff is defeating the purpose of getting a smaller lighter bike. IMO, YMMV.

Now the bad. I bought mine just a little less than a year ago from Yamaha Genuine Parts. Both cases with the hardware to mount them was just under $900 American. Pricey but a pretty good deal I thought. I just checked the price on these cases for this post. Just the cases without the hardware is $1633. This is absolute bull$hit and highway robbery. While I still like the cases that price is ridiculous.

https://yamahagenuineparts.com/Motorcycle/moreinfo.asp?ID=1035&shopcat=accessories&Class=Sport Bike&Year=2015&Model=FJ-09

This is the product I would buy today just because of the price.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/givi-e22n-cruiser-cases-matte-black-pair

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA