What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
I just looked longingly at mine waiting for the snow and rain to go away and the warm weather to come back..........
+1 I cant wait for the weather to improve so I can remove the battery tender for most of the rest of the year.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I broke one of damn plastic screws mounting my new Givi screen. I hate those cheap plastic things. I was not applying much torque and SNAP done.

15 minutes at Home Depot and I have 4 new SS 10-32 x 3/4" replacements in hand. I'll black the heads out so they're more subtle.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Got my ECU back from 2 Wheel Dyno folks and installed it. Fired it up just for giggles and enjoyed the magnificent sound of the Black Widow. I can't ride yet (pattonme/Matt is currently doing my forks) but just letting it run for a bit, I can honestly tell that the fuel map is absolutely improved, it was smooth as butter on immediate start and idle, revving the throttle gave me the impression it was just... better. You can tell, right away. I'm jonesing to ride this thing now.

Speaking of those new SS screws in my post above, here's what the Givi D2122S looks like once mounted on my FJ:

dUxIQsmvQRIOAvbjd2N_j8g0AyyUdYTl_Q7a9Ro5vf0ve1oHyt2w1psyqNW9iIoJA_4p_RYVvYW5TURZ30DDaP9LbdWQD51lzP2ecz_38vs3lA5J4Uqhq8iQF4IneXl8ZXCJGZhsxA

C-7VI0nzztUi1ansMH4uCNkRaEt7Ky0RiDOv93RuJh0stGQ8SFxtwTL_Z0pRfW4ajo1_gH4qWzy_AlNjPw4m_ggx_My1Va4YoVQiokDWKcJTcip52xFMugliGufCVijrRj_Bl10C0A

Comparison, stock OEM over the Givi:

jtR4U9AAfEVJjX4UPEhLkfD4jYwdwGq4MoZ01K6XjhPxJojb_nbOhfbcrgUKOwHbIQOLhiVK5yWTmx8E82rxoDP6SBaw3JkYnzw5fUlAhZhhL1gRKDuceAhYUD5zGSlPSGqWpHjGzQ

Real anxious to try it out. 

• Premium Member
I was lucky enough to get to ride the last 3 days. Thursday and Friday I took Red Molly... my FJ09. Today I exercised the Tenere. I love both of these bikes! ? unusually warm here in Western North Carolina. I saw 80 degrees all three days. Also thanks to some rain before the warm days the curvy mountain roads were quit clean. This was just the therapy I needed!

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

15 minutes at Home Depot and I have 4 new SS 10-32 x 3/4" replacements in hand. I'll black the heads out so they're more subtle.
Did you swap out the well nuts? The windshield bolts are (were) metric. M5 or M6.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Did you swap out the well nuts? The windshield bolts are (were) metric. M5 or M6.
No need. #10-32 is an exact match for M5 threads. :)

• Premium Member
I hate to be a buzzkill but windscreens usually have plastic bolts for safety. The idea is if you hit something and your body goes forward into the windscreen, the screws break instead of the screen. You probably don't want the windscreen to fracture into pointy shards while you're passing through it.

• Premium Member
I hate to be a buzzkill but windscreens usually have plastic bolts for safety. The idea is if you hit something and your body goes forward into the windscreen, the screws break instead of the screen. You probably don't want the windscreen to fracture into pointy shards while you're passing through it.
A risk I am aware of, and willing to take. 

• Premium Member
Sick and tired of trying to find an economical flyscreen for my FJ, I "outsourced" to my buddy at work. He fabbed up this rough template for me. Exactly the size & shape I wanted, fitment is perfecto, and will be powdercoated flat black for finish.

yCFXN-PsND4f7i4874LlZHEF4y2Yd7OUj2o2ntxhvYWmdk0k0nbMJObsyTeebwpfmYV7XTe4uYIQD-m_-YI89jy8XbKZl_ttTpR7-qSKavdBG2AfeLaEDmU3O4WGBalrDXmH7FEHAA

CEgfcRMGrmxcIRF1mdPKnDMTNrs3T016rlWcT7SAj3YvJHczggKV4-FMdVG-jRN5f5ILRv7VTx7w_htDnA7Lxdn2UxZwIHMb2QHuamW4MAQmD4x0eY5rrvV305jTV1PoI_pVhMouOg

TtNsHLJnWWgpvJqodSKdB_QZ4udhj9C1tMKC-tnFOPkvVcqAekF_-WsLg2eSQu7ZFEP_w8C8-fe51q1PAM_xVf3cbhokpwmlsFF7JP1kH0ahKMrvWHMb-IPNxMLHO4CjVxIlHWXuqw

My powdercoat guy got the new flyscreen finished. I'll pick it up tomorrow, and once I get a chance I'll mount it on the bike and snap some photos of the finished product.

He ended up doing a nice satin black finish that very closely mimics the "flat" paint finish on the FJ. Pic:

3U0fvguv9VMSfwjdD4zgxRO7xJct6XnUHD8BP4LdvRyog52wQxCMWLAUXHHjS-bCTmOqIuMg_FocDHNJT1hHzuxmRJPb2hmveWA_-5tTRlK9gTF59Mm2-v_2BvkRWsbS8gW5aC0lMA

• Premium Member
Got the ZX10R shock put on and a subsequent hour test drive. Definitely an improvement! I'm working on a write up for how I did the swap.
That's cool. I swapped one in on my '07 SV-650 several years ago, and it was a night/day improvement!

• Premium Member
Got my flyscreen from the powdercoat man today, grommets installed and ready to mount.

Test fit is perfect, hole alignment is as good if not better than OEM:

XvLQ9vy6y9Ivn9gmHWyrLrpHqfiguMpW2cS4AR3GfWreZnp7HLU4QTqJXH3DPfmOmzo45mETqMJ0fRENgcPPX4HTc91ZabZuRecWdh4-U7q-NkaDjkl0kaZotWp-qyt_L6B2RPVBJw=w2400

26Xov9ubcftgk09vBbQlk7oOb_ljxmoc1-J1kv4Y2vD292KRrGeHG6nTuH_IonkBuVk1bNrz1Krr_hdnDGKbswSDXfJmiTvCoA7GczyaKF2-R8DcRNJIYc8NmKG8dLz8EWHFlL8LNQ=w2400