• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Got rid of the windshield. 
YhEBCAl.jpg

Oh dear god, what has this board come to!?!?!?!? Blasphemy!!!  :D
I'm not a fan of the matte grey 'colour', nor the batwing hand guards, but that very shorty opaque windscreen really ties it all together! Are you going to paint the upper fork tubes matte grey/black too? ;)

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I'm not a fan of the matte grey 'colour', nor the batwing hand guards, but that very shorty opaque windscreen really ties it all together! Are you going to paint the upper fork tubes matte grey/black too? ;)
I don't plan to black out the fork tubes.  The black shield was just a way to tidy up the bracket after removing the screen.  I don't really like windshields with all their buffeting and how difficult they are to keep clean and scratch free.
  • Thumbsup 1
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

To each their own. I love riding a 'batcycle' ;) 

• Premium Member
Very nice!  I like it! Where did you acquire the new one?
Me likey, but I need red which is also available.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I ordered Akro titanium full system, Graves block off plates, PIAA 1100 LED Driving lights. No bike yet!
Let me know how it fits. I'm curious to know. The stock exhaust is different than that on the fz-09 to make the centerstand fit. So I'm curious to see if there is any issue with aftermarket ,and if centerstand can stay. 

Today, I removed the license plate holder and mounted the plate directly to the plastic underneath. Really looks like it was made to be there.  license.jpg

I also replaced the license plate light with an 1 watt led and modified that light housing so it doesn't bobble around.....at all!! Much nicer.
k2-_28b57c04-875c-47d3-a91c-840cb42c58af.v1.jpgdog.gif

Nice! Any chance you could do a couple write ups on that in the "How To" section? Great idea man!