What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I rode it around.  And around, and around… :)  

Here’s an entertaining GPS trace: 

594347A6-28FE-406A-986A-851E4197E90A.thumb.jpeg.ad027177f9a8b12b5fb9599a1b366717.jpeg

Scrubbing in a new set of tires?  👍

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, PeterL said:

Training for a career in NASCAR?

It’s a pretty creative new project from the Texas DOT to cross the Intercoastal Waterway at Sargent Beach.    Coming south, it’s 720 degrees of left-handers, with half uphill & half downhill.   Heading back north, it’s 720 degrees of right-handers…  

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, texscottyd said:

It’s a pretty creative new project from the Texas DOT to cross the Intercoastal Waterway at Sargent Beach.    Coming south, it’s 720 degrees of left-handers, with half uphill & half downhill.   Heading back north, it’s 720 degrees of right-handers…  

Crazy!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Crazy!

I know, right?   But that corkscrew design is an elegant solution to a space-constrained problem.   Pictures don’t really do justice to the scale… it’s a massive structure on a relatively compact footprint.  

B8610AFD-0B4B-4396-928D-F2B58FCE2437.thumb.jpeg.6092476ef7e4606d026efd66615b0e32.jpeg

The sentimental me kind of misses the charm of the old swing bridge, however.   I found the following video that gives a bit of historical perspective…. Swing and draw bridges used to be all along the Intercoastal Waterway, but have now almost entirely been replaced: 

• Thumbsup 2

Nothing amazing today, just replaced a bunch of bolts and push clips with some nice stainless black countersunk bolts and washers. So much cleaner looking....

Wednesday is the MT09 splash guard + spindle and another attempt at getting the givi sump guard to fit around the akrapovic exhaust (that damn front right bracket!)

• Thumbsup 1

Oil, oil filter, and air filter change, and a look over of control cables, lever adjustment, and all that silly stuff.  Nothing really in depth because it's still kind of unpleasantly warm, but I've got a big-ish ride tomorrow so it's best to get it all done first. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Oil, oil filter, and air filter change, and a look over of control cables, lever adjustment, and all that silly stuff.  Nothing really in depth because it's still kind of unpleasantly warm, but I've got a big-ish ride tomorrow so it's best to get it all done first. 

Do you just flip up the front of the tank to do the air filter

Do you leave the ECU on the airbox cover

You still have to then pull off the plastic

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Do you just flip up the front of the tank to do the air filter

Do you leave the ECU on the airbox cover

You still have to then pull off the plastic

I clean my air filter about every 5-8k miles (depending on the conditions I have traveled through) - remove all of the plastic panels and turn the tank around backward where the seat would go so I can remove the airbox lid, I don't know that it would be possible to do without having the tank completely out of the way. 

I replaced all of the airbox screws with hex screws so I can take them off quickly with a socket on a cordless drill.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I replaced all of the airbox screws with hex screws so I can take them off quickly with a socket on a cordless drill.

Urhh those oem screws are the absolute lowest cheese grade fasteners.

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Urhh those oem screws are the absolute lowest cheese grade fasteners.

Just a reminder for everyone, there are no Phillips screws on your bike or anything not made here. 

They are JIS screws. You must get a JIS driver for them.

• Thumbsup 4

8 hours ago, betoney said:

I clean my air filter about every 5-8k miles (depending on the conditions I have traveled through) - remove all of the plastic panels and turn the tank around backward where the seat would go so I can remove the airbox lid, I don't know that it would be possible to do without having the tank completely out of the way. 

How are you cleaning your air filter?  Is it the OEM one?  The manual says it shouldn't be cleaned with compressed air.

Edited by Acee

6 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Just a reminder for everyone, there are no Phillips screws on your bike or anything not made here. 

They are JIS screws. You must get a JIS driver for them.

They are not, just regular Philips. No dot, no offset.