Perfect Mirror Extenders for the FJ-09!

I've finally had an opportunity to ride my bike, and the Kouba mirror extenders are my favorite mod thus far. The mirrors actually work, without requiring me to fold my arms in like a freezing anorectic bird. And, if you aren't intimately familiar with the FJ-09, you would never notice that there are mirror extenders installed. They match very well, same circumference, etc etc. The Kouba extenders are well worth the cost for USA consumers. (shipping)
Mine and my brothers koubalinks shipped today. We drove them home from the dealer 200kms away and your description of how to use the stock mirrors is absolutely accurate. I was thinking all the way home that I must have the widest shoulder span in the world. Then I almost got hit by a runaway tire from across the meridian "liveleak style", it was a memorable trip. 
Thanks to this great forum we can find out about these parts no local dealer would ever know about.

Thanks! No adapter needed?
No adapter, unscrew the mirror assembly from the handle bar, fit the extender and the supplied bolt (reverse thread one side - irc the left and normal for the other extender) bolt the mirror assembly to the other end of the extender. One thing to bear in mind with these extenders is the design does not take into consideration the menu up/down button, so you will have to angle the extender either away or towards you, effectively reducing the extended length - still way better than the standard set-up. However for the price they are very good indeed.

Just put them on my bike last week - HUGE difference in visibility! Worth every penny.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

I've finally had an opportunity to ride my bike, and the Kouba mirror extenders are my favorite mod thus far. The mirrors actually work, without requiring me to fold my arms in like a freezing anorectic bird. And, if you aren't intimately familiar with the FJ-09, you would never notice that there are mirror extenders installed. They match very well, same circumference, etc etc. The Kouba extenders are well worth the cost for USA consumers. (shipping)
There is no shipping cost if these are purchased directly from the manufacturers site. 
They were very easy to work with and very responsive to emails etc...

Highly recommend going to them vs the distributor i saw charging ridiculous shipping charges.

There is no shipping cost if these are purchased directly from the manufacturers site. 
They were very easy to work with and very responsive to emails etc...

Highly recommend going to them vs the distributor i saw charging ridiculous shipping charges.
I agree, this is true for US consumers.  I don't think it applies for other continents.

One rider installed Kouba extenders and noticed increased turbulence. I have the stock screen and am 5'6". Any other feedback on increased turbulence due to adding the Kouba extender? I need both the mirrors extended and a better windscreen set-up. Stock is awful for my height. The last thing I want is more turbulence.

I haven't noticed any difference at all in turbulence with them installed, other than I can now see traffic (to the side and behind me) and not my elbows.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

HI all. So I just got my Koubalink Mirror Extenders. I cannot say enough good things about them and the company!! I live in Canada, and I ordered them direct from the manufacturer. (scroll up the page to Bubba's post for the link) They were super easy to deal with, they were helpful and answered my questions via e-mail right away. I simply sent them $40 USD via PayPal and they shipped them out in a padded shipping envelope. No trouble at all and I got them in just over a week!!!

Most importantly, now I am not looking at my elbows!

I would strongly recommend them to every FJ owner.

I did not notice any increased turbulence. It seemed about the same. (I am 6'4", stock screen, lowest position)

How does anyone get a socket into the well on the mirror mounting post? I think it is 10mm but there isn't any clearance to fit a 1/4" drive socket into.
I'm trying to figure out the best way to adjust the mirror and would like to understand how this assembly is pieced together.

s1248.photobucket.com/user/basstodave/library/FJ-09%20mirror?sort=3&page=1

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/1245/mirror-adjustment#ixzz3Yo8EBaO5