Removing fuel tank sticker

About to order my new (and second) Tracer. I recall difficulty removing the prominent tank sticker/ decal. Any tips, idea, solutions welcomed. What's the best solvent to use without risk of scratching the tank?
Thanks in advance...
[em]w[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I used a regular hair dryer. Pointed it about four to six inches from sticker. Picked at a corner while pointing hair dryer at sticker. Sticker peels right off. Then take the sticker and with the sticky side, Dab off the sticker residue on the tank. Easy as pie. Don't use a heat gun! Just a regular hair dryer.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

None of the above. It peels right off at room temp then use the sticker itself to dab up any remaining glue. Always try the simple solution first in life. True words from an "OldFart."

I did the exact same when I first bought my bike. Patience is your friend when peeling off the sticker.

200 grit should get it off...

...or I used carb cleaner, very sparingly (applied to soft cloth), it dissolved the glue, and I wiped it off again using car shampoo straight away...I suspect it wouldn't do the paint any favours if it was left on. In fact, don't try this at home.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Archived