Strange noise coming from engine ! FJ-09 Cam Chain

Has anyone read this

I wonder if all you have to do is follow the instructions and be done with it. Seems they claim this is common during break-in, and a single adjustment sets it straight. Since the FJ must be on the latest revision of the CCT, it's certainly the one they would replace this FZ part with. The instructions are hard to read because of how the commenter posted it, but it's legible If you have decent eyesight.

Also, note that they indicate the manual lock method described in the YouTube video in a previous post is not recommended and voids the warranty.

I followed these steps, and the noise is gone. Too soon to tell if it will come back, but, if it does, then I'll make a case with the dealer.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry but the owner of that forum does not allow their members to post links to our site and was very direct in telling me to leave the two forums separate from ra other. Sorry man.
I assume you deleted the link. As I never saw it, I have no idea of which site is not allowed to be linked here...

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

It's the us fz09 forum. A lot of forums are that way, competitive. They are the only one I don't want linked here and it's because they won't allow our links on their site. So screw em.
Is it the ###9.org?  
Or the ####9forums.com?

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Here's the document from the link that got deleted. Like I said, not super easy to read, but not impossible:

MNGKq2v.jpg

I have to say, I don't understand why my link was deleted. We're all adults, but some of the trivial battles between forums and members just feels like kids fighting at recess. Can't we all just get along? 

Here's the document from the link that got deleted. Like I said, not super easy to read, but not impossible: 
MNGKq2v.jpg

I have to say, I don't understand why my link was deleted. We're all adults, but some of the trivial battles between forums and members just feels like kids fighting at recess. Can't we all just get along? 

I thought that I had explained?

Also, note that they indicate the manual lock method described in the YouTube video in a previous post is not recommended and voids the warranty.

The choice of words are very important. The bulletin states: "This modification method is not recommended. Improper cam chain tension will result in engine damage which is not covered under warranty." 

Nowhere does it state that the warranty is void, because it is not. Specific problems directly caused by this modification will not be covered but the warranty remains intact. 

Yes, but two wrongs don't make a right @cruizin ;)

If ya have an issue with the way that I admin the forum that I own, please send me a PM.

But seriously, go post a link to this forum on that FZ-09 forum and see what happens. This is why I do not allow links to their forum here.

You will notice that I allow most other links, especially to ADVrider.com, the most awesome bike forum in the entire world.

Archived