Aluminum oxide ???

buckybuk

I don't think I wash my bike that much but maybe I do. Anything I can do to get rid of this white crap ?
I keep my bike in my shop totally enclosed only been in rain once.....
CzLnHGq.jpg

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Im no metallurgist but I don't know anyway to stop the corrosion in aluminum. Steel's rust can be dealt with but I don't think much can be done with aluminum rot.
Any chance its just wax from a wax and wash soap?

• Premium Member
What are you using when you wash your bike?
patio cleaner in a jet wash by the look of it...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I don't think I wash my bike that much but maybe I do. Anything I can do to get rid of this white crap ? I keep my bike in my shop totally enclosed only been in rain once.....
CzLnHGq.jpg

I would check for chemicals near the bike in your shop. Jugs of chlorine, bleach, acids.....  What is "HCI"? 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Im not sure where you are located but here in Southern Ontario, Canada they tend to use  a lot of road salt in the winter...  Or if your near the coast and humidity in the air is probably loaded with salt from the ocean..  WD-40 will help preserve it and may remove some of what is there now...  what do you wash it with?  Some heavy duty soaps are very corrosive as well...   Things to consider anyway.. 

...and I think HCI is hydrochloric acid...

• Premium Member

Why would you put that on you bike???? 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
HCl is indeed hydrochloric acid, but if you follow the thread you'd see it was not the OP that answered... 
Looking at the photos though, it can't be far off HCl.

• Premium Member
one wouldn't, it's like, the point of @johan's little joke based on the visible evidence...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I used s-100 bike cleaner. Seemed to work great. But it was very corosive,it burned my skin. It says spray on and rinse immediately. Probably because it'll eat the paint off the bike otherwise. I stopped using it after I noticed the same kind of corrosion happening.

I wash my bike with turtle wax soap. NO I don't use hydrochloric acid.
I liked to "rinse" the dust off the bike after work then wipe it down.
I've narrowed it down to the super hard water here at work sitting in spots. It seems in me being so "anal" with how clean my bike is has caused a problem. I used some simple green and a hard toothbrush and it came off...eventually

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Archived