FJ-09 Photo Thread

Another 120 mile run from home up to Bridgeport CA for a burger through the lovely sweeping roads from Yerington NV through Smith valley and past Bridgeport reservoir ( seeing as I work for a wholesale fishing equipment company,  it was good to see loads of fishermen out on the water and in the rivers , always good for business 😊

I really really need to get my Shit in order and get the Aux lights that I keep telling myself that I want for the bike , there's truly some cretins out on the roads that can't judge space / speed  !! 

20240512_094953.jpg

20240512_232351.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Near Mt. Airy, NC

fjtracers.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Premium Member

84 attendees at TriSTAR in Sparta, NC. I rode 1560 miles in 6 states with less that 1 hour of rain while riding. Burke's Garden was beautiful as ever. Sunday night's heavy rain during dinner downed 4 trees on US 58, which we rode through on our way home, leaving wood chips on my fender. 

burkes garden.jpg

howards rainbow.jpg

sparta 2024.jpg

wood chips.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member

Quick ride along Hood Canal and up into the SE corner of Olympic National Park which included about 30+ miles of gravel forest roads, the bike is filthy.

image.thumb.jpeg.af93244821f88422dfa902e7b493133c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.22f7d6850cac992f429af6112fa3e3c1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72d0ee2c2df42a6e635d69afbbc40016.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a8261ce0dcf502160e90f8e9d7fc07d1.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Beautiful part of the world Betoney.

I was lucky enough to do a road trip through WA back in January 19.

My daughter was at University of BC for a year, and we decided to visit her and take advantage of the opportunity.

She flew down to LA and we hired an SUV, drove over 5000km over five weeks avoiding motorways on our way to Vancouver.

We drove through California, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Vancouver. Somehow we got to Lake Tahoe and then drove to San Fran, we then stayed along the coast to Seattle except for a few forays over the ranges, Hwy34 from Waldport was very memorable, as was avenue of the giants.

Bloody awesome.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

Beautiful part of the world Betoney.

I was lucky enough to do a road trip through WA back in January 19.

My daughter was at University of BC for a year, and we decided to visit her and take advantage of the opportunity.

She flew down to LA and we hired an SUV, drove over 5000km over five weeks avoiding motorways on our way to Vancouver.

We drove through California, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington and Vancouver. Somehow we got to Lake Tahoe and then drove to San Fran, we then stayed along the coast to Seattle except for a few forays over the ranges, Hwy34 from Waldport was very memorable, as was avenue of the giants.

Bloody awesome.

If you loved it in January, I HIGHLY encourage you to visit again when the weather is nice.  Mid-June through late September/ early October is almost guaranteed fantastic weather in the PNW, California has a much longer sunny season.

I have been to all of the areas you mentioned on my bikes, we truly are spoiled with amazing geography and scenery around here.

If you ever need info for a future road trip, let me know.

• Thumbsup 1

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, betoney said:

If you loved it in January, I HIGHLY encourage you to visit again when the weather is nice.  Mid-June through late September/ early October is almost guaranteed fantastic weather in the PNW, California has a much longer sunny season.

I have been to all of the areas you mentioned on my bikes, we truly are spoiled with amazing geography and scenery around here.

If you ever need info for a future road trip, let me know.

It was bloody cold, and a few places we wanted to go to were closed due to snow, but we did manage to ski Whistler for 4 days and hiking through Zion national park with snow was also a highlight. 

IMG_4815.thumb.jpeg.40c5b7c44b3d4a3ed99467439601c91f.jpeg

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, OZVFR said:

It was bloody cold, and a few places we wanted to go to were closed due to snow, but we did manage to ski Whistler for 4 days and hiking through Zion national park with snow was also a highlight. 

IMG_4815.thumb.jpeg.40c5b7c44b3d4a3ed99467439601c91f.jpeg

If nothing else, I hope photos like these encourage riders to get out and explore.  There is nothing more rewarding than a day trip or road trip where you discover something new.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Another beautiful 20° C clear Winter's day here so just had to get out again and into the hinterland and hills.

My local neck of the woods....

20240613_113729.thumb.jpg.7fe3070c66d2b4d660b311fcf5a1aa4b.jpg

20240613_113814.thumb.jpg.09d7e29136e94f503177bd350eb8cb90.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

D Man

We're finally starting to get warm here.

Yesterday was 31.1 C but with low humidity, I love it!

Warmer today but like rain now so humidity will be up later.

May try to ride tomorrow. 

Finally installed the Nebo chain oiler (along with new sprockets and EK 525 instead of a 520), will email you with details to compare & contrast)

20240608_132436.jpg

20240609_150209.jpg

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

SJB

Gorgeous 

It didn't even look like it was raining.

Isn't that not unusual for your neck of the woods? 🤣

It actually doesn't rain that often here normally but we have had an extended period where a week hasn't gone by without some rain (some heavy) and that's been happening for quite a few months!

ATM - Back to typical dry Winter weather for these parts and as M. Smart would say... "And, loving it!"

18 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

D Man

We're finally starting to get warm here.

Yesterday was 31.1 C but with low humidity, I love it!

Warmer today but like rain now so humidity will be up later.

May try to ride tomorrow. 

Finally installed the Nebo chain oiler (along with new sprockets and EK 525 instead of a 520), will email you with details to compare & contrast)

20240608_132436.jpg

20240609_150209.jpg

Good to see you're getting out and about.   I'm assuming you mean the "Nemo" oiler?  I think you'll like it.  Simple design and method of operation IMHO.  Just got to know how to fill it properly which has been discussed in here before. 

I've been very happy with my D.I.D 525VX3 chain as the replacement for the OEM version.  Much better quality and robust in comparison - not to mention better looking!

20210614_114139.thumb.jpg.2c26e68d6565f6d7e6917a4f6d967bad.jpg