FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
On 9/5/2023 at 11:44 PM, dazzler24 said:

Did you swap rides at any stage?  If so, your thoughts on comparisons?

No swapping.  I'm interested in the newer bike to replace mine, but some people don't like to swap. I may wait until Yamaha fixes the floppy turn signals.

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

The weather is finally getting nice, so I snuck out for a few hours of glorious sunshine riding.   I only stopped once to take photos, while waiting in the shade for a freight train to pass… 

And ‘yes’ I absolutely did wheelie down the opposite side of that elevated railroad crossing.  😀😇

IMG_8296.thumb.jpeg.26fd0fa4b883bd4dd4e064828e904e41.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took Warchild-wife day-tripping through eastern and central Oregon this weekend, with a Friday overnight stay at the Best Western in John Day, Oregon. The motel features Morning Deer that are a little too tame. This young doe walked right up to me and expected me to hand over some food.  😮

BWDeer1.thumb.jpg.97a773a1af8e3371f4c82a445bb46825.jpg

BWDeer2.thumb.jpg.a522119ff28d73d9d7fbf50e3b591f63.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Beautiful autumn day... glorious 9C and full of colour. Pumpkins are out and lots of Halloween spirit out in the country. Got the mitts slipped over the hand guards... light summer gloves... toasty. 😎

20231022_151118.thumb.jpg.bd67f9d305ca1b37a38f25c9c3df5b84.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

I have the same muffs

As I've said before, other than a few added farkles my bike looks exactly like yours!

Beautifully photographed

And that's a big compliment coming from an old shutterbug with boxes full of dark room equipment in the basement.

Haven't touched a thirtyfive one twenty or four by five camera in 30 years since digital came out

• 2 months later...

Glorious weather today , so having fitted the new battery yesterday I finally got out for a couple of hours , just 80 miles locally. Saw this train in the distance as I left Silver Springs NV so chased it down and found the perfect pull in next to the tracks to grab this photo. Not bad considering i couldnt see the screen on the phone as i snapped away 😎  

20231230_044023.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1