FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Heavy said:

@betoney

Man. Scenery like that AND 80 degrees.  Spectacular!  👏

I agree, we are fortunate (and spoiled) to have such beauty as an everyday backdrop.  There are 6 mountain passes within a 2-3 hour ride from home and several more just a few hours further North.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Another week with +70° days.

Up here in the PNW, our weather turned quickly.  A few weeks ago it was 80 F and recently its been in the low 40's with heavy rain.  ☹️

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

Up here in the PNW, our weather turned quickly.  A few weeks ago it was 80 F and recently its been in the low 40's with heavy rain.  ☹️

Keep that to yourselves, please.   We're already tired of all you west coast folks moving to Texas...  don't be bringing  your weather now, too!  :)

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Keep that to yourselves, please.   We're already tired of all you west coast folks moving to Texas...  don't be bringing  your weather now, too!  :)

As miserable as our winter season can be, I just couldn't give up riding in the mountains.  I'm staying put. 😎

image.thumb.png.3d7a16360cabe48e0aa2a1dc513b3895.png

image.thumb.png.a4815005b0aa2f8755150b5dad2f5ff4.png

image.thumb.png.8596fbd0f7e460702b16526ee04108cd.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
On 11/4/2022 at 1:57 AM, texscottyd said:

Having said that tex, wasn't there this recent Texas weather event down your way to put them off?..... 😲

Still find myself in awe of these things!

image.png.d4c73f10a160cd64ff84358316c5befb.png

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Twisters could be a reason to not live in many states.

We get them here occasionally, along with, believe it or not, minor earthquakes from the New Madrid seismic zone (though there was a huge one in 1811 that was so powerful it changed the flow of the Mississippi river!).

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Having said that tex, wasn't there this recent Texas weather event down your way to put them off?..... 😲

Still find myself in awe of these things!

image.png.d4c73f10a160cd64ff84358316c5befb.png

It was a weird one this week:  A couple of big storm fronts rolled through, but where we are they were both overnight events.   It was nice when we went to bed, we heard the wind & rain overnight, then it was nice & sunny in the morning.   The yard was full of random debris, but otherwise no indication that there had been a big storm just a couple of hours prior.  The really nasty stuff with tornados was north of us, closer to Dallas.   

Hurricanes, tornados, and 100+F high-humidity summers… other than that, it’s beautiful here.  😀

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice!

We have elevation changes as much as 150 feet every few hundred miles!

BTW, whose screen is that? It seems very wide for its height. Obviously you like it.

That screen is a Puig Touring screen from a Gen II FZ1, I had to modify the mount holes to make it fit but it has worked well for almost 6 years. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, betoney said:

That screen is a Puig Touring screen from a Gen II FZ1, I had to modify the mount holes to make it fit but it has worked well for almost 6 years. 

Thanks, how did you modify the holes, enlarge them or drill new holes, and does Puig make a turning screen to fit FJ09 now?

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thanks, how did you modify the holes, enlarge them or drill new holes, and does Puig make a turning screen to fit FJ09 now?

The mounting holes between the two bikes are not even close, I had to drill all new holes several inches away from the existing ones. 

I believe Puig makes a touring screen for the FJ but it’s H U G E.  👎🏻