FJ-09 Photo Thread

On 10/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice 

Leaves haven't changed here yet?

Beautiful day, was going to ride but SWMBO had me doing gardening...

Tomorrow will also be nice if a bit cooler. 

Time for the heated jacket liner but too soon for the toe warmer packs.  Maybe will swap screens for the Givi barndoor.

20221001_145910.jpg

My wife and I had a similar, wobbly, driveway edge.  I rented a cement saw, chalked a line and cut the edge of the driveway straight,  We were able to make a very tidy border with paving stones.  Looks like your wife is particular about her designs.  She might appreciate the tidy edge. 😉

... be aware of the wind if you do cut it.  We did ours on a breezy day and I didn't use water.  Ended up washing a number of the neighbor's cars after I was done ... the dust was THICK. 🥴

drive.jpg

Edited by Heavy
  • Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member

Well designed hard and soft scaping from what I can see!

In my former career I was a aerospace engineer, then migrated through landscape architecture and over the last 40+years have practiced (still haven't gotten it right) architectural engineering.  So I've "been in the business", very often hands-on", for a long time.  But due to health reasons wouldn't consider DIY such a task anymore.

Anyway, we just paid $8500 for removal (after 25 years) and replacement of our old 4" thick asphalt drive, and are NOT happy!

Besides the untrue edges (albeit hard to get perfect with some sides being 110 feet long), there are low spots that pond (most less than 1/8") that in warm weather dry within 24 hours but will freeze during the winter.  The paver came and heated with a 4 x 4 foot propane fired infrared heater and tried to fill with fine hot mix and blend the low spots but it hasn't rained until today, so we'll find out how successful they were.  In know they missed some spots and I'm otherwise not optimistic!

But amazingly the roses kept blooming, though this may be the last crop for the season! 

20221003_150209.jpg

20221010_164226.jpg

20221003_150001.jpg

Managed to get out for a couple hundred kilometres on some local roads.  The fall colors are past their peak but there's still some beautiful spots.  Couldn't be too silly.  Some areas were wet roads with leaves and pine needles all over the place.  Bonus was that I didn't get rained on!  🙂

Oct 14.jpg

Oct 14a.jpg

Edited by Heavy
  • Thumbsup 6
  • Like 3

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member

Unseasonably warm today, right around 80F through Sunday!  So I took a trip around the Mt Rainier area, we call it the 3-pass loop, White Pass, Chinook Pass and Cayuse Pass, in whatever order or direction you choose to travel. 

image.thumb.png.5656dbb4bb70536be28688f606a5a1be.png

image.thumb.png.d6f09087d7cece13bff6c8342851d8cd.png

image.thumb.png.6a9df3afaef371a94e06c30ed0a909f0.png

image.thumb.png.9f93d8b92bae4aa6585de98811dcdf82.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

Unseasonably warm today, right around 80F through Sunday!  So I took a trip around the Mt Rainier area, we call it the 3-pass loop, White Pass, Chinook Pass and Cayuse Pass, in whatever order or direction you choose to travel. 

image.thumb.png.5656dbb4bb70536be28688f606a5a1be.png

image.thumb.png.d6f09087d7cece13bff6c8342851d8cd.png

image.thumb.png.6a9df3afaef371a94e06c30ed0a909f0.png

image.thumb.png.9f93d8b92bae4aa6585de98811dcdf82.png

Wow!  Like picture postcards!

I can't believe I have not been out there since Mt. St. Helens blew its top.

and 80F!

We're done with that for a long while...just had our first soft frost.

We may get up to 54 by 1500 Sunday.

I just posted up how I winterized.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

@PhotoAl

I was there with my son on my VFR1200F and his HD XR1200 and I saw a few Fj-09s

20221008_140043.jpg

20221008_140716.jpg

20221008_102721.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Wow!  Like picture postcards!

I can't believe I have not been out there since Mt. St. Helens blew its top.

and 80F!

We're done with that for a long while...just had our first soft frost.

We may get up to 54 by 1500 Sunday.

Yes it is VERY abnormal to not be in the rainy season by now, let alone being 80 degrees in mid-October.  Its great for a lovely ride in the mountains but is playing hell on the efforts to fight all of our wildfires.  Our air quality is usually pristine but currently it's some of the worst in the world due to the smoke!!

• Sad 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Nice, hope you enjoyed it.   An incredible event!  I was running around on my little blue scooter.  The Tracer 900 GT in your pic belongs to one of the museum volunteers.  He told me he doesn't believe I have a Tracer a he never sees it LOL.  At all the events I'm getting around on my scooter so don't get by very often on my bike.  

The Barber Vintage Festival is a fantastic event with something for everyone.  This year was extra special as Brian Slark was the Grand Marshal and I have known him for a number of years, truly a great person and motorcycle enthusiast.  A number of years ago I was riding my Ninja 250 home from work and had stopped in a turn lane.  A car goes by slowly and the driver said "you brake light is out" - it was Brian.  He didn't know it was me, he saw a motorcyclist with a problem and helped him.  I had no clue it was out and rode every day on a very busy road.