• Premium Member
There is a recent and ongoing thread on the AOPA group on facebook asking for pics of bikes owned by pilots.  Lots of Harleys, as you might imagine, but also some sport bikes, sport tourers and ADV bikes.  I was happy to see that I wasn't the only FJ owner to post up.

So, I was wondering if any of them are members here.  How many pilots do we have?

• 1 year later...
I'm an A320 FO at AA.  I'm currently riding a 2015 V-Strom 650 but planning to swap out for an FJ-09 ASAP so that's why I'm on this forum.

Doooo it.

On the pilot note, I had 14 hours in a Cessna 152 in high school. Does that count? ?

On the pilot note, I had 14 hours in a Cessna 152 in high school. Does that count? ?
I had 14 hours in a Tomahawk and make a mean paper aeroplane. Hoping that counts ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Owned a 1966 Mooney M20E before selling it to pursue other things. Love flying but need more time and funds for the hobbies. If and when they present themselves will probably build an experimental, RV or some such.

• 2 years later...
  • Supporting Member

I've got the best job. Helicopter EMS pilot working the PA, NJ, NY, DE areas with infrequent flights into Washington DC. The plan is to continue to keep the flying as boring as possible and get my thrills on the FJ  😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda just became an ex-pilot.  I have been flying since 1987, and have owned/flown a Cherokee 140, Cherokee 180, C150, Grumman Tiger, and for the past 9 years the head and shoulders champ of the bunch, an RV-6A.  That aircraft was sold and departed for its new home 2 days ago, subsequent to me losing my medical.  On the other hand, my son is an active RCAF pilot, currently flying the Twin Otter out up in the NWT after a few years as an FO and then AC flying a big Airbus around the world, and a good friend of mine, who will probably keep his plane or project in my hangar, just made the Snowbirds team, so I will be able to continue flying vicariously through all my current and former pilot friends, most of whom have always been infinitely superior pilots anyway.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I started on sail planes up at West Bend at the little airport there then got into Ultra Lights and flew with friends who had small private planes but could never afford one myself

I also lived vicariously building F-16, DC10s, 757 and 767, and spares for old Convair 200 through 800 series and Catalina pbys.  Not only is San Diego and old old Navy town but was the epicenter of flight in Southern California

Consolidated aircraft built almost 7000 b-24s and 36% of the total built in World War II

they ran three shift 7/24 with over 70,000 people manufacturing one of the best light bombers ever built during the war. The San Diego Aerospace Museum is fantastic if you ever get a chance to go there but is not the original because the original burned to the ground in like let me think 1978 or 9

To this day planes drop down to bay level right over a hotel and little wood and stucco houses and apartments buildings 

It's scary flying into Lindbergh in a big rig there was a mid-air Collision right over a friend of mine's shop in the 70s between a small plane and a jet

When they come over everything just stops and when it's clear you resume what you were doing without even thinking about it, it's crazy!

Up by Torrey Pines State Park beach, also known as Black's Beach a Not legal nude which is near the equestrian center for UCSD, at the edge of the Mesa, which drops about 260 ft, is a catapult for gliders and it used to get very busy

you had to worry about hitting somebody else and if you don't make it back to the top of the Mesa but nobody can get you on the beach until low tide, and if your tangled up at the wrong time and place, you could drown

Corporate pilot for the last 33 years. Currently flying a Citation Latitude but previous PIC on Dassault Falcon 10, Falcon 50, Falcon 900, Falcon 2000LX, Falcon 7X and Citation XL. Riding a new Niken at the moment.  

• Thumbsup 1

On 11/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I started on sail planes up at West Bend at the little airport there then got into Ultra Lights and flew with friends who had small private planes but could never afford one myself

I also lived vicariously building F-16, DC10s, 757 and 767, and spares for old Convair 200 through 800 series and Catalina pbys.  Not only is San Diego and old old Navy town but was the epicenter of flight in Southern California

Consolidated aircraft built almost 7000 b-24s and 36% of the total built in World War II

they ran three shift 7/24 with over 70,000 people manufacturing one of the best light bombers ever built during the war. The San Diego Aerospace Museum is fantastic if you ever get a chance to go there but is not the original because the original burned to the ground in like let me think 1978 or 9

To this day planes drop down to bay level right over a hotel and little wood and stucco houses and apartments buildings 

It's scary flying into Lindbergh in a big rig there was a mid-air Collision right over a friend of mine's shop in the 70s between a small plane and a jet

When they come over everything just stops and when it's clear you resume what you were doing without even thinking about it, it's crazy!

Up by Torrey Pines State Park beach, also known as Black's Beach a Not legal nude which is near the equestrian center for UCSD, at the edge of the Mesa, which drops about 260 ft, is a catapult for gliders and it used to get very busy

you had to worry about hitting somebody else and if you don't make it back to the top of the Mesa but nobody can get you on the beach until low tide, and if your tangled up at the wrong time and place, you could drown

San Diego was my first time to ride in an airplane and the decent down the hill was a holey crap moment for me.  Nineteen and first time away from Momma, but a kind gentleman wearing a Smokey Bear hat informed all of us that he was amongst other things our Momma.  1966 a prop job.

• Haha 1