Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

I can't wait to see the prices. That new GT is going to carry a big increase. 
That said, I like everything about it. Nice job, Yamaha.
Looks nice, and from the brief briefing would appear to have much of what folks here have been asking for, including cruise control.   Pricing will be the determinant of sales uptake - in a way Yamaha may have unknowingly shot itself in the foot with the hitherto super-competitive pricing on the 09s. 
But well done Yamaha Motor...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the new seats will be offered in three variants - painful, excruciating, and intolerable, all at no extra cost.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Posted in general, but the new listings are already live on Yamaha's US site: 
www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/tracer-900

www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/tracer-900-gt

i now want to trade in my 2016 and get a GT. oh boy,
Yup. The envy is real. 
How much do you think I can get for my FJ-09 if I list it as "Rare model, only produced 3 years!" smiley.png
Not a lot!

• Premium Member
Would imagine price of the Tracer 900GT will cost close to what an FJR1300 can be had for. We shall see.
Interesting point.

From a business standpoint I think the Tracer needs to cost at least $2000 less than the FJR.

My guess is the standard Tracer will stick close to the current MSRP and be around $11k. That leaves room for the GT to cost $2000 more, basically splitting the difference between the Tracer 900 and the FJR.

I like it ok.  I'd have to ride it first to see if the front end has changed enough (if at all) for that new screen design to actually work.   The bags look exactly the same.  Hopefully they didn't change the rack so as not to allow FJR bags.  As far as the TFT screen goes..well I guess it's cool and all.  Not sure what that really brings to the table for touring (or anything else really).   I wouldn't run out to trade or sell my '15 to get this new one.  I'd be willing to bet real money we'll be seeing the same comments on this updated version as the old one.

[ul type=disc][*]The Screen Sucks![*]The Seat Sucks![*]Suspension Sucks![/ul]

Look folks Yamaha upgraded the suspension on the FZ-09 and people are STILL upgrading forks and rear as it's too soft for most riders.  But hey, I might just be getting old and cranky...

With the Tracer GT, Yamaha improved on or added everything needed: windscreen, seat, handlebars, suspension, quick shifter and cruise control. Yamaha fixed all the short comings of the FJ09.
If Yamaha had had the courage to put belt-drive onto the new GT model I would already have put down my deposit.   And without wishing to be churlish, with one or two exceptions the upgrades are quite minor and overall amount to, IMHO, a fairly modest face-lift and makeover of the existing model.   That said, I wish Yamaha well with the two variants. 
But I cannot help wondering what will happen to the warehouse full of 2015's that dealers here in Oz seem to be unable to give away.. undecided.png .

It's just another shiny object, FJ peeps... resist the temptation... be strong. There's probably shetload wrong with the GT... we just don't know it yet. tongue.png 
I sunk a small fortune into mine... and I approve this message.
  Just as I have completed the final farkling of my 2016!!!

Would imagine price of the Tracer 900GT will cost close to what an FJR1300 can be had for. We shall see.
Interesting point. 
From a business standpoint I think the Tracer needs to cost at least $2000 less than the FJR.

My guess is the standard Tracer will stick close to the current MSRP and be around $11k. That leaves room for the GT to cost $2000 more, basically splitting the difference between the Tracer 900 and the FJR.
$2000 - whether US, CDN, or AUD, would be too much IMHO: make it an even thou and that might be more on the money.

Archived