• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Coming to US, right?  When?
I'm not sure.  The presentation was Euro-centric with European sales numbers, etc... I expect we'll see what comes available in the 2018 models on the Yamaha site by the end of the week. I don't imagine they'd leave an FJ-09 GT model out of the lineup given all the clamoring for cruise control.   I also missed a small portion and I don't know if CC was on the base model or not. 

Posted in general, but the new listings are already live on Yamaha's US site:

www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/tracer-900

www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-touring/models/tracer-900-gt

i now want to trade in my 2016 and get a GT. oh boy,
Yup. The envy is real.

How much do you think I can get for my FJ-09 if I list it as "Rare model, only produced 3 years!" :)

Those links refer to the Tracer's as 2019 in the header then 2018 down in the text. Corporate typo? 
Edit: A lot of the verbage on the GT is suggesting that model will be available late 2018 making it a 2019 model.

'15 FJ09

This GT comes with cruise control and quick shifter. No other details as Yamaha pretty much showed futuristic videos and praised itself for an hour instead of telling everyone when and where the new bikes are coming.
Yeah, I was able to choke down about 5 minutes.  Between the unintelligible accent and the Godzirra-style videos, it was unwatchable. 
Also, I knew I could come here for the pertinent points.  Sure would like to see an MSRP on the GT.

Those links refer to the Tracer's as 2019 in the header then 2018 down in the text. Corporate typo? 

Nah. 2019 model year, but will go on sale in 2018.  Pretty typical with vehicles.  So basically there is no 2018 model year FJ/Tracer.

• Premium Member
Wow! The GT model has some nice features. Narrower handlebars sound interesting. New instrument panel sounds cool as well. Cruise control!!! Quick shifter! Remote preload! NEW SEAT!!!
I wonder what the price will be?
I wonder If cruise control can be upgraded to the earlier models?
Longer swingarm? Didn't know that was needed? I hope it will be at Daytona during Bikeweek for Demo rides!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

Archived