“KR Special” Adventure Rally FJ-09

adv.jpg

not mine but nicely done.....

Wow! Me wants! Do you have any details? I was about to order a custom set of wheels similar to those. It seems like the suspension travel was also increased. Nicely done.

• Premium Member
I don't consider the FJ an adventure bike at all, it's purely a sport tourer IMO. But this conversion is impressive, I may have to rethink my views.

Good to see a Higdonian cage on there. I really hate the fairing and headlight treatment though.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Wish there were more pictures of different angles, I couldn't find any. I'm trying to figure out what is under the tail. Looks like a muffler with what must be some very novel exhaust routing; maybe they routed the exhaust along the side of the bike instead of under it to gain some ground clearance? Oil sump would still be a problem, but maybe they did a custom one of those too.

Wish there were more pictures of different angles, I couldn't find any. I'm trying to figure out what is under the tail. Looks like a muffler with what must be some very novel exhaust routing; maybe they routed the exhaust along the side of the bike instead of under it to gain some ground clearance? Oil sump would still be a problem, but maybe they did a custom one of those too. 

Exhaust is raised higher for water crossings. At the bottom of the bike any water crossing would cover the exhaust outlet.

'15 FJ09

Here's one with The Man himself;

The forks are from a Super Tenere with an Ohlins 30mm NIX cartridge kit installed. Rear shock is a Ohlins YA335 extended 6mm with a hydraulic preloader added (essentially a YA534) I *think* it has altered-length dog bones as well to give it a little more clearance.

IMG952751.jpg

Keep Asheville weird!

I like the concept of the bike but it be improved with the whole top piece of the front end with the whole windshield/headlight/dashboard chunk, needs to be worked on to flow with bike better instead of being near vertical...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Agreed. It's clear a designer didn't, well, design that front end. Hideous.

Also, the problem with raising the rear like that is that you shorten the wheel base unless you lengthen the swingarm. Stock hand guards and foot pegs? Meh.

Almost there, but I think it needs some work...

I like the concept of the bike but it be improved with the whole top piece of the front end with the whole windshield/headlight/dashboard chunk, needs to be worked on to flow with bike better instead of being near vertical...
 I'll bet it's not nearly as vertical with the rear tire on the ground.

I agree @tekwarren, the rear stand skews the view. But the amount of space between the windshield and handlebars leads me to believe there's plenty of room for some sweepback on the windshield, and I agree that would seriously improve the aesthetics.

For some reason the paint job makes me think super tenere.

Anyone know what kind of saddlebags those are?

Archived