RIP Nicky Hayden

The world lost an incredibly talented rider today, he was an incredible human being and one of the nicest guys in racing. He was on life support from after he was hit by a car last week.

RIP Nicky

http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39972058

96163875_haydne_main_rex.jpg

Had the honor of meeting Nicky at Brainard International Raceway in Minnesota back in 2001 at the AMA superbike races.  My brother and I rode there from the cities on our TL 1000 and VTR1000 twins.  We made our way into the pits and I met Hayden for the briefest of moments.  I told him "good luck man" and he replied "Hey, thanks, enjoy the race".  I have rooted for him religiously since watching him pass Kurtis Roberts on the last turn to take the win.  

I am filled with so much sorrow for his family and the motorcycle racing community.  Valentino Rossi said some great things about him and you could tell the words were very genuine, just like Nicky.  

18581849_1530687246962716_3019358040032634240_n.middle.jpg

• Premium Member
I was at Laguna Seca for both of his wins there. I have been following Niki since his days in the AMA. He was my favorite racer for years and he will be missed. RIP
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I too have followed him for almost his entire career. His death has made me so sad. It was nice to see someone who could compete at the pinnacle of their sport and still be a kind person. RIP Nicky Hayden!
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived