Best Mod

rockafella50

Hi folks,

Only picked up my new Tracer 900/FJ09 this month and have added a few small bits to the bike: LED plus blinkers, heated grips, radiator guard, frame sliders, tank pads. Lookimg to spend a bit more on it next month. I'm curious to find out what the consensus is on the single most beneficial modification to the bike. To further qualify my question, if I had for example £1,000 to spend, would that money be best spent on a new exhaust system, or new shock, or new forks, or new tyres, or new fueling module etc etc?
Any comments are appreciated. Thanks.

• Supporting Member
Suspension. Suspension. Suspension.
As someone with a full Ti Akro and ECU flash, and stock suspension.... ^^^THIS^^^
Wrong sequence @koth442 :) I have the stock exhaust, with Ohlins & RaceTech suspension goodies. We definitely both agree about the ECU flash...

As someone with a full Ti Akro and ECU flash, and stock suspension.... ^^^THIS^^^
Wrong sequence @koth442 smiley.png I have the stock exhaust, with Ohlins & RaceTech suspension goodies. We definitely both agree about the ECU flash...
Yea. I did that backwards for sure.

'15 FJ09

Suspension. Suspension. Suspension.
As someone with a full Ti Akra, ECU flash, and Aftermarket suspension.  Go for the suspension, if you have any money left over get the ECU flash. I have ridden a fully stock bike with the 2WheelDynoworks flash and it is almost as good as mine with the Akra Ti.

As someone with a full Ti Akra, ECU flash, and Aftermarket suspension.  Go for the suspension, if you have any money left over get the ECU flash. I have ridden a fully stock bike with the 2WheelDynoworks flash and it is almost as good as mine with the Akra Ti.

Interesting. I suspected that might be the general opinion with the old suspenders. For those of you who have upgraded, what are y'all rocking? My initial thoughts were to go for the Ohlins shock as it's Yamaha approved so I guess there wouldn't be any potential warranty issues during the first couple of years of ownership.

Interesting. I suspected that might be the general opinion with the old suspenders. For those of you who have upgraded, what are y'all rocking? My initial thoughts were to go for the Ohlins shock as it's Yamaha approved so I guess there wouldn't be any potential warranty issues during the first couple of years of ownership.
Check out @pattonme (Matt)'s stuff. I think there's a group buy for an Ohlins shock or something of the sort. Fork inserts will go a long ways. I'm not familiar with brands on that though. 

'15 FJ09

Check out @pattonme (Matt)'s stuff. I think there's a group buy for an Ohlins shock or something of the sort. Fork inserts will go a long ways. I'm not familiar with brands on that though.  
Nice one mate, I'll have a look when I get back home after work.

suspension... as for EU bikes, I havent heard much about "fueling problems", in the US a ECU reflash is needed after suspension... EU bikes can adjust the "CO" via dash board(?) for aftermarket exhaust...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
the single most beneficial modification to the bike.
Mirror extenders ... if you like to see behind you. The stock mirrors can only look sideways. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Archived