2019 Fj09

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no 2018 FJ-09... skipping a year to help clear out the leftover stock which is a steal conpared to the 2019 Tracer900 which is still the FJ-09...

you can buy a leftover FJ-09 and farkle it out and you will have a Tracer900 GT for waaayyyy less then it would cost you to farkle a new 2019... is a color screen and 2 more modes of TC worth over $3-5k dollars in price difference??? not in my book...

buy a pre 2017 FJ-09... well worth it to be able to clear and adjust stuff via the dash board for like APS sensor or troubleshooting when the 2017+ cannot w/o an external scanner and or dealership tool...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
Keep riding and enjoying them.I don't concern myself with re-sale value. Personally I tend to hold onto my toys. I'll just add to the fleet as I can afford it. I still have my 1976 Yamaha XS650C I bought new at 17 yrs. old. My old next door neighbor used to call me,"The 70's guy". Because of my stuff I've had for years. I just take care of my things that I worked hard for.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I thought I heard or read somewhere that the GT would be available mid 2018. Has anyone actually seen true US pricing?

The big differences between standard and GT that caught my eye were suspension, bags, quick shifter, heated grips.

• Supporting Member
Does not the new Tracer GT have electronic cruise control, and fully adjustable suspension?
Yes on both, from what I have been able to gather it will have rebound adjustment on one fork leg and compression on the other, I dont think the shock will have compression adjustment but will have a manual remote preload adjustment knob.  Keeping with tradition of all Japanese bikes since the beginning of time, it will more than likely be sprung for a +/- 150lb rider.  Factor in $200 for correct springs for your weight unless you also want it valved for a specific type of riding.
If I was shopping new and was looking at the Tracer and GT models, I would definitely spring for the GT, it looks like a VERY nice bike with every option that I currently have on my '15, except for quick shifter.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
I thought I heard or read somewhere that the GT would be available mid 2018. Has anyone actually seen true US pricing? 
The big differences between standard and GT that caught my eye were suspension, bags, quick shifter, heated grips.
There is still no pricing listed on the Yamaha Motorsports website.  I do love that "Roads of Life" video though.   

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Guest kernowjim
Why do Americans jump a year ahead on model designation?  In Europe, or at least the UK, we've had the 2017 MT-09 Tracer (slipper clutch etc) in 2017 and now we await the 2018 Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT - in 2018, i.e. NOW.  We're not thinking about what the 2019 Tracer might be until umm....2019.

• Premium Member
Why do Americans jump a year ahead on model designation?  In Europe, or at least the UK, we've had the 2017 MT-09 Tracer (slipper clutch etc) in 2017 and now we await the 2018 Tracer 900 and Tracer 900 GT - in 2018, i.e. NOW.  We're not thinking about what the 2019 Tracer might be until umm....2019.

Ask Yamaha... we don’t get to take a vote and tell them what model year to designate their products.

Let’s go Brandon

Guest kernowjim
Ask Yamaha... we don’t get to take a vote and tell them what model year to designate their products.
but it seems to be across the board with all manufacturers

• Premium Member
but it seems to be across the board with all manufacturers
I don’t know why they do it. They’ve never asked me for my input. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
I wonder if there is enough old stock of FJs to keep dealers moving product until "mid-2018."

Power Yamaha in Sublimity currently shows just one new 2017 FJ in stock. They're one of the dealers actually moving a lot of FJs... How many people on this forum bought from Power? It's gotta be over 20 now. Maybe they'll get stock from other dealers that aren't moving them.

Archived