Let's talk GLOVES!

Wow, very cool gloves, next time mine go bad I need to think about buying a model like this. I buy my riding gloves at the cheapest store, but I use an interesting taipack to keep them warm and waterproof. Under the bottom of these gloves, I wear regular, durable rubber gloves that I order from the Vinyl Gloves website. I can say that this is a very effective tiphack, I recommend everyone to try it! But next time I want to buy good professional gloves.

Edited by SanatoBodano

I ended up grabbing two pairs of the A.R.C. Battle born gloves from Rocky Mountain ATV MC.  They reviewed well and the price was definitely nice.  I grabbed the "Air" and regular models, since FL weather is so finicky and heat/cold/rain make appearances at the worst times.  The fit was pretty good.  I usually wear a LG, but need some extra love in the fingers because mine are a bit longer.  After using them for two years, I've had no complaints.  They ride well, fit pretty good and the D30 armor/leather combo works well for me.

Review of the gloves

• 3 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I picked up a pair of EVS ASSEN Impact Street Gloves for 50% off from the closeout bin at a local gear store. I tried one on for size and it was really comfortable. A few days later I went to wear them only to find one forefinger was about a half inch shorter than the other. I took a picture of the two fingers side by side and emailed it to EVS customer service. They sent me a replacement pair with free shipping and without asking for the bad pair back. Excellent customer service.

These gloves in 2x fit me perfectly and are some of the most comfortable summer gloves I have tried, and all for $26. 

Oh..... if there is anyone out there with one short finger get in touch I may have something for you 😁

EVS ASSEN Impact Street Gloves

Assen_brown_front_2000x.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Read through the thread, lots of good choices. 

I also used to swear by Alpinestars for gloves but the last 5 or 6 years the quality has dramatically dropped off. I switched over to Held and while expensive do LOVE their gloves and they are incredibly well built. 

My favorites, though, I found by accident at a motorcycle show here in Minneapolis several years ago, when my wife wanted an armored hoodie so we stopped by the Heroic Racing booth. She bought a hoodie (a great piece of gear, btw, and not at all the cheap hoodie you’re used to) and we got to talking gloves. They measured my hand circumstance and told me why gloves never fit me right: I have a size 13/14 palm and size 11 fingers. So either my gloves fit my fingers great and are way tight in the palm or they fit my hand and I have an inch hanging in the finger area with nothing in it. That was exactly what I experienced but was never able to put 2 and 2 together. 

They sold me a pair of their ST-R shorties they had as a trial pair for like $75 that were 14’s with very short fingers that are the best gloves I’ve ever owned and I wear them all the time. Normally I don’t like shorties but they are incredible. I’m going to get a new pair of them made this winter as well as a pair of gauntlets so I’ll be set. 

https://heroicracing.com/collections/gloves

Have a pair of Held Phanton II gloves from a few years ago.  Love them but started thinking about a new pair and WOW the new ones are expensive!  On eBay found a pair of Phanton IIs for $260, shipping was $45 from Netherlands but ordered them and they are the real thing.  Supper happy with them and saved $150 over the newer Phantom version.  Company is chromeburner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 8:24 PM, miweber929 said:

Read through the thread, lots of good choices. 

I also used to swear by Alpinestars for gloves but the last 5 or 6 years the quality has dramatically dropped off. I switched over to Held and while expensive do LOVE their gloves and they are incredibly well built. 

My favorites, though, I found by accident at a motorcycle show here in Minneapolis several years ago, when my wife wanted an armored hoodie so we stopped by the Heroic Racing booth. She bought a hoodie (a great piece of gear, btw, and not at all the cheap hoodie you’re used to) and we got to talking gloves. They measured my hand circumstance and told me why gloves never fit me right: I have a size 13/14 palm and size 11 fingers. So either my gloves fit my fingers great and are way tight in the palm or they fit my hand and I have an inch hanging in the finger area with nothing in it. That was exactly what I experienced but was never able to put 2 and 2 together. 

They sold me a pair of their ST-R shorties they had as a trial pair for like $75 that were 14’s with very short fingers that are the best gloves I’ve ever owned and I wear them all the time. Normally I don’t like shorties but they are incredible. I’m going to get a new pair of them made this winter as well as a pair of gauntlets so I’ll be set. 

https://heroicracing.com/collections/gloves

I’ll reply to myself here and say after posting the link to Heroic I browsed their website a bit and found a pair of “used” gauntlet SP-R’s and a new pair of relaxed fit ST-R’s just like my original set I ordered that arrived last week. Once again, these are unbelievably top notch gloves at an absolute steal of a price for what you get. As I said above I was going to get some custom ones this winter, saw these for a good price, ordered them and am blown away by how nice they are. 

Highly recommend these to anyone. 

Edited by miweber929
Spelling and clarity.
  • Thanks 1

If it helps you, on my last trip I carried my winter gloves (good in rain also) and my heated jacket.  Not only did I not need them they took up space but if I had not had them along the weather would have had a freak September blizzard!

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...