Ok GT owners, show us your pics!!

Cruizin

20 minutes ago, yamtracergaz said:

After having the 21 model tracer,have now "gone back" to the previous model.

new tracer with screen,seats.jpg

Curious as to why? I love my ‘20 and have been tempted by the insane deals on the ‘22 and the ‘24 GT+ and going back down to 1 (or 2) street bike(s). I’d miss my Ducati but I just don’t ride it much anymore, and my Triumph is getting to the point it’s not as comfortable as it used to be. 

During a recent trip to Michigan ... a wind farm, just north of Strathroy, ON.  Supposedly, the installation can power about 20,000 homes.

20230914_1726041.thumb.jpg.616156d97d156aab9d2fa008dbae7b72.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Couldn't resist today.  I have the Tracer up for sale and I'm trying not to add miles but a 27ºC (80ºF) day in Central Ontario, in October, deserves to be celebrated.

T90003_10_23.thumb.jpg.0573adf71b19e03d66e7dd289be10abe.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Heavy said:

Couldn't resist today.  I have the Tracer up for sale and I'm trying not to add miles but a 27ºC (80ºF) day in Central Ontario, in October, deserves to be celebrated.

Nice shot. Looking forward to riding up there in the next week or two... but of course the temps will be half that if I'm lucky. I am just hoping for clear skies at this point. 😐

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

43 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

How do you like that Akra?

What tank grip thingies are those?

Love the Akra, I did trim down the decibel killer a little bit just to up the volume… with it fully removed it’s beyond obnoxious.  Nice weight reduction though and with a tune the throttle smoothness is beautiful.

The tank grips are tech spec, great for a daily rider. I have always run stomp grips on my track bikes, but I think they are too uncomfortable if you’re not wearing leathers.  These are a more sedate option. 

• Thumbsup 1

10 hours ago, The Pilot said:

Love the Akra, I did trim down the decibel killer a little bit just to up the volume… with it fully removed it’s beyond obnoxious.  Nice weight reduction though and with a tune the throttle smoothness is beautiful.

The tank grips are tech spec, great for a daily rider. I have always run stomp grips on my track bikes, but I think they are too uncomfortable if you’re not wearing leathers.  These are a more sedate option. 

With the decibel killer in it was too quiet for you? I'd like just a little more noise without being obnoxious.

Is this the exact kit you bought?

https://techspec-usa.com/products/gripster-tank-grips/yamaha/yamaha-fj-09-2015-current-tracer-900-gt-2015-2019-tank-grips.html

Yeah, that looks like the kit I got.

As for the Akra it’s slightly louder than stock with the stock DB killer in and does sound amazing. There are lots of posts on here and FZ09 about modding the killer. Some people drill holes in it, others cut it down a bit.  

• Supporting Member
On 10/3/2023 at 11:44 PM, Heavy said:

Let me know when you're coming up ... I may even have my Transalp by then.

Next week is a scratch... hopefully will get a green light for the week of October 16. Finally saw the Transalp in the flesh at Burlington Cycle yesterday. The bike was sandwiched too close to the others for me to sit on it... but it looked taller than I imagined it would be.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 10/3/2023 at 5:23 PM, Heavy said:

You don’t like it anymore?