Ok GT owners, show us your pics!!

Cruizin

10 hours ago, piotrek said:

Next week is a scratch... hopefully will get a green light for the week of October 16. Finally saw the Transalp in the flesh at Burlington Cycle yesterday. The bike was sandwiched too close to the others for me to sit on it... but it looked taller than I imagined it would be.

The seat height is listed as 850 mm for both, the Transalp and the Tracer.  The Transalp is narrower than the Tracer too so it should be more manageable.  I've ordered a low seat for the Transalp which reduces the height by another 20 mm. It should be fine for my stubby, short legs.  😉

The weather looks like cancelling next week is no real loss.   The week after looks much more promising (if you can believe the WeatherNetwork).

Edited by Heavy
  • Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

2 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

What dazzler said, that I said.  😉

I also find the Tracer's power inspires me to do things I shouldn't ... I ALWAYS feel the urge to pass any vehicle I come up behind ... I find myself cruising at silly speeds ... roll-ons in 2nd and 3rd are just too fun.  I'm concerned I'm going to get myself hurt, or in trouble.

I know the Transalp still has over 80 HP (in North American configuration) but I'm hoping it'll give me more of that feeling of being happy to just roll along and enjoy the ride.

Who knows.  Maybe I'm just blowing smoke up my own ass.  Still, I'll only be dealing with 1 bike  for insurance and the like, and it'll be easier to focus farkles ... and who doesn't like shiny new things anyway. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member
On 10/8/2023 at 7:22 AM, Heavy said:

The seat height is listed as 850 mm for both, the Transalp and the Tracer.  The Transalp is narrower than the Tracer too so it should be more manageable.  I've ordered a low seat for the Transalp which reduces the height by another 20 mm. It should be fine for my stubby, short legs.

Huh... maybe it was the ground clearance that threw me off. I have the same challenge re: seat height. The FJ-09 is probably as high as I'd want the bike to be.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 9/23/2023 at 5:32 PM, miweber929 said:

Curious as to why? I love my ‘20 and have been tempted by the insane deals on the ‘22 and the ‘24 GT+ and going back down to 1 (or 2) street bike(s). I’d miss my Ducati but I just don’t ride it much anymore, and my Triumph is getting to the point it’s not as comfortable as it used to be. 

The newer model was ok,but could not live with that "matchbox" they laughing call a "headlight" downright dangerous on the small backroads i ride in the dark,it is too small and because of the shape goes left and right of you and not very far ahead,other things i found were the very light front wheel made me feel like the bike was never really "planted" on the road when cranked over,the screen bracket is not strong enough to accept the size screen it has,and of course the ridiculously small clocks that i could not read the small numbers,i am also getting more mpg on the older model strangely as the newer model was already very good.

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/6/2023 at 3:32 PM, MarchingOn said:

IMG_6945_small.jpg

What was your reason for switching to soft bags vs the OEM hard bags? I used to have soft bags on my 2016 FZ-09 that were bigger, but I'm a fan of the convenience and security of the Tracer hard luggage. I do miss the extra volume, but was able to squeeze all most of my camping gear into the smaller side cases.

I grew tired of the clam shell style and to your point they just weren’t big enough for all my camping gear. I camped a number of times with them and before switching I found perfectly sized REI packing cubes that made using the OEM clam shells easier to deal with. I probably have more camping gear than the average moto camper because I enjoy the camping almost as much as the riding. If I didn’t camp, and toured staying in motels and hotels I’d be good with the hard cases and also the 50L top case I added before switching to Mosko bags. I also like the modularity and ease of access they provide too, with the add-on side bags. 

Edited by MarchingOn
  • Thumbsup 1