Hurricane

Well I live in N.C. and we are no strangers to Hurricanes. But this time my wife asked if I could move my 3 bikes to one side of the garage so she could park her car in there. She has no worries of my truck though ( and it’s newer). I sure as shit can’t say no, what about my truck? So, as I prepare to batten down the hatches I will accommodate her car. Anyone in the south east be safe. Well all of you be safe. The roads will be crap for awhile but and I have to cancel my in shore fishing trip. No fun.

• Supporting Member
@krillz - Good luck with the prep and riding out the storm. It was just a year ago that we had Harvey come visit here along the Texas Gulf Coast. No fun at all.

I’ll keep you in my thoughts. Take care and I hope the impact is minimal for you.

-Scott

I have your solution!!

You can put 2 of your bikes in the truck bed and back it into the garage. Take the bike you like least and leave it outside. When it falls over and get's destroyed that's enough ammo to work towards a better 3rd bike that you like more! Yes, this is how my head works. No my wife doesn't really get a kick out of it :(

I heard the Hondas fair well outside in this weather. 
Honda-_CBR600_F-_Hurricane-_Right-_Side.jpg[/url]

Good luck with the storm, my parents have a place in NC and were going to go there this weekend but canceled due to the weather. Stay safe out there! 
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

I have your solution!! 
You can put 2 of your bikes in the truck bed and back it into the garage. Take the bike you like least and leave it outside. When it falls over and get's destroyed that's enough ammo to work towards a better 3rd bike that you like more! Yes, this is how my head works.

Brilliant. I may put the dirt bike on the back porch.

I have your solution!! 
You can put 2 of your bikes in the truck bed and back it into the garage. Take the bike you like least and leave it outside. When it falls over and get's destroyed that's enough ammo to work towards a better 3rd bike that you like more! Yes, this is how my head works.

I understand that Yamaha has built to-date some 30,000 of our bikes; I've owned three of them, and must be the only owner who was completely satisfied with the OE screen and the way it performed.   True - I live and mainly rode in a pretty benign sub-tropical climate, stayed out of rain as much as possible, and am about average height at 5'10" (177cm), but I'm still pretty bemused at this near-universal hatred of the OE screen! 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I have your solution!! 

You've gotta be able to squeeze the dirt bike between the car and truck!

Also, you might want to consider putting the car up on blocks or ramps, in case of flooding.

Good luck and stay safe!

You've gotta be able to squeeze the dirt bike between the car and truck!
Now way. Keep that dirt bike accessible. You'll be the first one back on the streets after this storm rolls on, although you might need a snorkel on the intake.
Hope you come through unscathed and intact.
cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
You and the fam stay safe, Krillz.  I'm just up the coast in MD, and for now, we're only looking at a little wind and rain.  Nothing like you'll be experiencing.  

I'm with NHChris...that dirt bike just might come in handy after the main shizzle dies down. 

Take good care, Brutha.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Premium Member
Tire plug kits and a good portable compressor. After going through Andrew, Wilma, Irma, and being deployed for Charlie. With all of the debris in the roads almost everyone had at least one flat in the aftermath.

Good luck.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I am also in NC. I am more nervous about my bike being in the garage than I am out. There's a massive tree just outside of the garage, and I don't really want to deal with the insurance to get the bike replaced if something were to happen. My wife comically suggested moving the bike to our outside accessed basement to ride out the storm, but the handlebar width wont let me actually entertain that idea.  Hopefully everything works out.  Stay safe everyone.

Well I live in N.C. and we are no strangers to Hurricanes. But this time my wife asked if I could move my 3 bikes to one side of the garage so she could park her car in there. She has no worries of my truck though ( and it’s newer). I sure as shet can’t say no, what about my truck? So, as I prepare to batten down the hatches I will accommodate her car. Anyone in the south east be safe. Well all of you be safe. The roads will be crap for awhile but and I have to cancel my in shore fishing trip. No fun. 
.We were supposed to be there, Sept, 8th thru the 16th. We drove 12 hours last year and fought Irma, that was enough. Just did 4 days in Arkansas with a cool front coming thru, 59 to 79 degrees and low humidity. We'll be back at Deals Gap next year.  Hope everything worked out OK.
IMG_6054.jpgIMG_6055.jpgIMG_6067.jpg

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Archived