Windscreen / Dash Stay Cracked (2015 FJ-09)

• Supporting Member
Noticed my dash display vibrating fore and aft a little more than usual during several rides last week. Initially thought that it was just play inside the many rubber grommets in that entire assembly up front, but nope... cracked stay support/brace. Immediately remembered reading this thread. I was going to try and enjoy another couple of weeks of riding, but it looks like I'm done for the season. Might weld it up and reinforce other spots while at it. If not... #17 on the parts fiche, not expensive at ~$140CAD, just a pain to replace.

The Kappa screen (shortened 3") and the X-Creen Tour deflector might have been just a little too much for that rather thinly stay assembly. I know it took a beating on the James Bay trip, but who knows. I might re-think my windscreen choice to something more aerodynamic. For now... I guess I have work to do. plain.png

crack.jpg

stay.jpg

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

How did that get broken?
If it had been you @redfjniner, it would have been due to a deer strike ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I have a bent one from a deer strike that you can have.

pIPIfbM.jpg
Although it is bent in so many ways, it would almost be impossible to get right, but it's yours if you want it.   grin.png

Okay, I have had my fun today.  Going out to the garage and install new PR-5's

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Would JB weld fix it, or reinforce one that wasn't broken....yet?
Temporary fix maybe. Wouldn't hurt to reinforce I guess... cold weld or similar, but would have to strip the paint right off.
Does the “tube” have that’s cracked run all the way across?  Could a piece of all thread be run through it?

Let’s go Brandon

I have a bent one from a deer strike that you can have. 

pIPIfbM.jpg
Although it is bent in so many ways, it would almost be impossible to get right, but it's yours if you want it.   grin.png
Cannot help wondering what the deer looked like!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.