Cleaning a blue GT ?

jesterrich

You mean the wheels?  "Blurple" is used to describe this color.

On rear I use a degreaser. On front car washing suds.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Hi all, what’s the best way to clean the paintwork on a blue GT 
cheers

Hi,

This is the method I use, I find that the Phantom Blue paintwork doesn't require any special treatment, it comes up lovely!

I still can't seem to attach images to posts, but here's a link to my blue GT freshly washed, the blue looks mighty fine!!!   2ch2MPh[/img] IMG_5528

Cheers
Steve

• Supporting Member
Honda Spray. Cleaner and Polish. IMO the best. 
  You need to try Harley Davidson spray cleaner and polish, does a better job than Hondas. Remember they supply the pirate polishing society  :)

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Honda Spray. Cleaner and Polish. IMO the best. 
  You need to try Harley Davidson spray cleaner and polish, does a better job than Hondas. Remember they supply the pirate polishing society  :)

My dad told me the same thing. I told him No thanks and to try Honda. Well now that’s all he buys. With that being said I will try it now a second person says so.

To me it seems that this us only half the process. How do you get rid of stubborn stains like the chain spray and brake dust on the wheels? Or clean the chain? I personally use WD40 sprayed on a cloth but am curious as to how other people go about it?

To me it seems that this us only half the process. How do you get rid of stubborn stains like the chain spray and brake dust on the wheels? Or clean the chain? I personally use WD40 sprayed on a cloth but am curious as to how other people go about it?

The Honda polish gets it all. For dried bugs on the windshield levers cables and such I wet al paper towel and drape it over it for a few minutes to rehydrate the bugs and wipe right off. The chain I use a potent chain degreaser and a chain brush for my dirt bike. I use WD on my chain guard and under the rear hugger to help keep the crap from sticking.

You mean the wheels?  "Blurple" is used to describe this color. 
On rear I use a degreaser. On front car washing suds.

cb
I think he means the Phantom blue GT with black wheels that is available in Europe

• Supporting Member
Hi all, what’s the best way to clean the paintwork on a blue GT 
cheers

Wait...we're supposed to CLEAN these babies? 
Oh, man... :)
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

I use WD40 to clean the rear wheel. I then wipe it down with water or use something like the Honda spray polish & cleaner afterwards.

I find that most other products struggle with getting the chain fling off the wheels. I've done this for years on various bikes and it works fine.

Rob 

Archived