*Put your forum questions here , leave answers too

The old forum software needed to go. Too restrictive and those off site pic hosting sites could have shut off all of our pics, at any time. Like what happened 2017 to ALL forums online with photobucket, who shut everyones pics off. We saved all the pics that were hosted on "someone else's" server and put them back into our control. So nobody can close those image links. 

Everything is now hosted on our servers. We store all of your images, and you guys post a bunch. 

And no, I'm not making a buck off this forum, I'm actually paying for your use of it, out of wallet and no, this is not my dayjob. 

Thanks for being members of this awesome forum. Check out all the new features, start using status updates.  

Post your forum questions below, we will addresses them as fast as possible. 

• Premium Member

I don't mind the change and understand when it happens.  hopefully the new functionality and capabilities of the new forum platform get used.

The biggest thing for me was locating and turning on the dark theme.  For others who prefer a darker theme, at the very bottom of the page there's a drop-down menu labelled "Theme" and you can change it there.

Thanks for all the work put into the migration.

• Premium Member

I have a forum question.  Still learning the site and appreciate the work you and team have put into it.

On a desktop PC site looks complete and easy to navigate.  On my Android Samsung, seems like it goes to a mobile version layout even though URL is the same.    Is there a way to select Desktop version when using a smartphone?  Thanks

Question - In our old format I could scan recent activity as a thread list or as list of the individual posts.

Is there a way in the new UI to view Activity as a list of threads rather than displaying all the individual posts??

Love the new features!

And to my fellow FJ bros I say...   RTFM!:)

cb

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

4 hours ago, nhchris said:

Question - In our old format I could scan recent activity as a thread list or as list of the individual posts.

Is there a way in the new UI to view Activity as a list of threads rather than displaying all the individual posts??

Love the new features!

And to my fellow FJ bros I say...   RTFM!:)

cb

You want "fluid mode" . On this forum , it is "topics" you are looking for. Each new thread is actually a "topic".  Topics are assigned to "Categories" .   Example: Akra "topics" go into the "suspension" category on the right.  You can choose which or all topics to list, as they update, in "Fluid Mode".  You also have some good "sort" options while in Fluid mode. 

1.  FLUID MODE. Fluid Mode is on the main forum page, scroll down a little bit and next to the "start new topic" button are two little icons.  

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 7.27.09 PM.png

2. The icon on the right is "Fluid Mode", It is all historical topics as they occur, in order. 

Which gives you this! 

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 7.44.15 PM.png

The Icon on the left takes you back to "traditional mode", list of forum categories like normal. 

Archived