New buyer for Tracer 900GT

Hi Guys n gals,

I’ve done quite a bit of homework on the new 900Gt and impressed by what I’ve seen.

currently I ride a Ducati Supersport S which is a dream to ride and also have a Kawasaki ER6f as my every day bike, I’m looking at trading in the Kwacka for a Tracer 900Gt and as I’ve never had a bike with a main stand before wondered how easy it is to put the bike up and down on the main stand bearing in mind  im 5ft 7” and 12 stone so no heavyweight.

in addition will the seat height suit me, can I get my feet flat on the ground ?

thanks in advance 

I am only 150 pound light weight, very easy to do the center stand. And once you go center stand you never go back to other options ever. 

I am yet to identify a spot to hold the bike while putting it on stand. The other bikes I had before like Fjr and Vfr etc there was an ideal place to grab while pulling it up and back

• Premium Member

The center stand on this bike is one of the easiest to use of any bike I have had.  BMWs are quite easy as well, but between the light weight and excellent design, it is a snap.

I am 5'6" and am on the balls of my feet, so I am guessing it will be similar for you.  Yamaha offers a lowering link that drops the rear a bit less than an inch, so you could do that if needed.  I am guessing you will be fine, but not totally flat footed on both sides unless your boots have a thick sole or heel.

Have fun!

Rob

• Supporting Member

It's very easy to put up on the center stand, remember to use the pressure of your leg to lift the bike, not your back.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

I would recommend putting someone on the other side in case you are nervous. Dont let them help you, lift it, but just there in case it goes over (it shouldnt go over). I put my foot on the center stand to hold it to the ground, and hold it up with my hands. I use the grab rail on this bike, (on my old bike, I would grab it by the frame under the seat to lift/balance) and most of it is in the foot pressing down. You hold the handle bar with the left hand and the grab rail with the right. While keeping your right foot on the center stand, find the balance point for the other side to touch the ground (it shouldnt fall over if you keep your right foot on the stand). Once you feel both sides touching you push down on the center stand and it will naturally want to lift up the rear. Having it in neutral will help it roll a little backwards and not have to fight as hard if the wheel locks for half an inch. lift up by the grab rail while still pushing down on the centerstand and it's up

3 hours ago, Tracer900GT said:

Hi Guys n gals,

I’ve done quite a bit of homework on the new 900Gt and impressed by what I’ve seen.

currently I ride a Ducati Supersport S which is a dream to ride and also have a Kawasaki ER6f as my every day bike, I’m looking at trading in the Kwacka for a Tracer 900Gt and as I’ve never had a bike with a main stand before wondered how easy it is to put the bike up and down on the main stand bearing in mind  im 5ft 7” and 12 stone so no heavyweight.

in addition will the seat height suit me, can I get my feet flat on the ground ?

thanks in advance 

Please let me know if you decide not to get a tracer 900 gt, so I can free your username up for someone that actually owns one.  And if you do get one, welcome to the club! 

Had one on my 2003 VFR which is a bit heavier bike than the Tracer.  Once you learn the proper technique it is very easy to put the bike up on the center stand.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I like what @thepmhsaid.  In addition to that, I stand on the centerstand with my left hand on the left grip and my right hand under the back grab rail.  While standing on the centerstand, lift up on the rear grab rail.  Very easily done.

I also have an FJR and it's twice as hard to get up on the centerstand.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:18 AM, motopumps said:

The center stand on this bike is one of the easiest to use of any bike I have had.  BMWs are quite easy as well, but between the light weight and excellent design, it is a snap.

I am 5'6" and am on the balls of my feet, so I am guessing it will be similar for you.  Yamaha offers a lowering link that drops the rear a bit less than an inch, so you could do that if needed.  I am guessing you will be fine, but not totally flat footed on both sides unless your boots have a thick sole or heel.

Have fun!

Rob

Yes i am suprised at how easy it was to put the bike on the centerstand! Amazing!

Archived