• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Bagster seat

Well, duhs, if the seat doesn't suit it's an easy matter - far too easy - to put on some weight and bring that butt and tailbone back to scratch!!     😃

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, coachluciano said:

@dazzler24 230919NL0447/98-5355Z.  Fits like a glove with the feet swap from stock. Both front and rear. 

@coachluciano - Interesting?!  What model/year bike do you have?  Sorry if you've mentioned it ealier.

Looking again at our seat numbers from our Bagsters it may be that the first four digits are a date of manufacture. Not sure what the number after the slash (/) refers to though?  All a bit of a mystery ATM.

• Supporting Member

@coachluciano -  I know your seat is sitting firmly with the original rear seat rubbers installed but just for some feedback, the only way I can get mine sitting like yours with the OEM rubbers is to put some 'packing' over the tangs that slot up into the metal frame at the rear and to pack out the latch mechanism at the front so that it moves down (closer to the ground direction).  Doing these things removes the 'slop' out of my seat and it sits reasonably firmly with the OEM rubbers engaged on the frame.

When you were fitting the Bagster with the bagster rubbers installed, did it actually latch then?  I ask because if it did I can only assume that you would have had to really compress those rubbers to get it to catch considering that the OEM rubbers work and sit firmly as well?!

Cheers.

• Supporting Member

I received the Bagster seat seat today from Chromerburners today,  Very impressive 11 day from ordering. The seat look's great and fells good, just having the fitment issues with the rear seat. No big deal, I will work on it when I get around to it.😀

• Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

3 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

The seat look's great and fells good, just having the fitment issues with the rear seat. No big deal, I will work on it when I get around to it.😀

I found that delivering a good hard backwards-oriented blow into the front face of the pillion seat, at an angle of 44 deg to 46 deg approx, pushes it very firmly into the lock/ latch and it is then very well secured.   I haven't felt the need to fiddle with the rubber bumpers at all.   Enjoy the seat!

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I found that delivering a good hard backwards-oriented blow into the front face of the pillion seat, at an angle of 44 deg to 46 deg approx, pushes in into the lock/ latch and it is then very firmly secured.   I haven't felt the need to fiddle with the rubber bumpers at all.   Enjoy the seat!

Oddly enough I had no issues with Bagster feet, other than the gap it created someone here pointed out to me. Then my ADD kicked in. Moving to Yamahas feet for me was only for esthetics and to calm my ADD.  

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
52 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Oddly enough I had no issues with Bagster feet, other than the gap it created someone here pointed out to me. Then my ADD kicked in. Moving to Yamahas feet for me was only for esthetics and to calm my ADD.  

@coachluciano did you use all 4 of the stock feet from the Yamaha pax ( not the front seat) seat or a combination of them?

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

@coachluciano did you use all 4 of the stock feet from the Yamaha pax ( not the front seat) seat or a combination of them?

All four. I’ll send some measurements later this week of my Bagster pan and the feet.  What year is you FJ

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

Shot this to show how my rear seat goes in.  stock Yamaha feet.  

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member

@coachluciano - Thanks for that.  Here's my experience with the OEM rear seat rubbers.  Mt-09 Tracer 2015

P.S. How do you post a You Tube video like you did?  I can only produce a link. TIA

Edited by dazzler24

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

@coachluciano - Thanks for that.  Here's my experience with the OEM rear seat rubbers.  Mt-09 Tracer 2015

https://youtu.be/KQ9nc7eYDRQ

P.S. How do you post a You Tube video like you did?  I can only produce a link. TIA

@dazzler24 Your video is tagged as private. Not sure why.  All I did was upload to my rarely used YouTube channel. Then said I want to share, and “Copy Link” was an option. Copied and then pasted into our forum. 

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

@dazzler24 Your video is tagged as private. Not sure why.  All I did was upload to my rarely used YouTube channel. Then said I want to share, and “Copy Link” was an option. Copied and then pasted into our forum. 

OK I've edited it to be unlisted and that seems to have done the trick...I think? 🤔

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

OK I've edited it to be unlisted and that seems to have done the trick...I think? 🤔

Ok. First oh all I laughed my ass off because of the drastic differences in what appears to be a very similar test. All that comes to mind here is the fact that your toilets flush in a completely different direction than mine. The Simpsons tonight me that. Anyone else here with a theory.

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, coachluciano said:

Ok. First oh all I laughed my ass off because of the drastic differences in what appears to be a very similar test. All that comes to mind here is the fact that your toilets flush in a completely different direction than mine. The Simpsons tonight me that. Anyone else here with a theory.

Yes, Clearly the Bagster seats can't handle crossing the equator as something appears to have dramatically changed when it arrived in the Southern Hemisphere.

As Nelson Muntz would say (to me) -

Nelson.jpg.780396e5ee7a7d143fe92a9e5c98bde6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a fit of sheep-like behaviour I ordered the same Bagster seat from chomeburners in the Netherlands. The cheapest version was black and silver (non-bultex foam, or Bagster Ready as they term it). I've been reading this thread with some interest as a) it doesn't seem any more comfortable than standard and b) it is a poor fit.

After reading @coachluciano suggestion I swapped the rubbers and it seems to fit a bit better.

Here are some photos, firstly the front set rubbers are in the left hand photo, Yamaha OEM on top, Bagster below. There is virtually no height difference, but the Yamaha versions are wider and may help with stability. They're awkward to fit into the Bagster seat so I've left these alone.

20191120_142531.thumb.jpg.4b1739a7b94c4f399553bdb5dced2cf2.jpg20191120_142648.thumb.jpg.256f50d0944792f8f778fa4625ebc510.jpg

The rear sets are in the right photo, again Yamaha on top, Bagster below. You can see there is a considerable height difference so I've swapped to the Yamaha rubbers and the rear seat sits a lot lower now.

On reflection, unsure at this stage whether I've simply wasted £200.

[Edit: on mobile, front rubbers are top photo, rear rubbers are bottom photo]

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)