New Seth Laam seat

I have one on my Concours and agree they are very comfortable for long hauls. I'm not sure I would like it on the Tracer though being that it is used in a different way. More aggressive riding. Let us know your thoughts when you've had some time on it.

just got back from a 1500 mile trip to nova scotia and it was as comfortable a seat as i have ever had. didn't like the tractor seat looks but that's easier to take than pain in the rear.

one thing i found out, and i am not sure if this is true of all seats, don't remember ever having to deal with this ( as in normal day to day i don't leave bike out in the rain) with other bikes / seats - if the seat gets rained on over night it leaks through the seams in seat so that even when dry the next day your ass gets wet all day long. i guess the solution is packing a bike cover, but that is just one more thing eating up space in luggage.

7 hours ago, harraseeket said:

i guess the solution is packing a bike cover, but that is just one more thing eating up space in luggage.

Doesn't need to be that way - simply take a discarded supermarket type of thin plastic disposable bag, which folds up to next to nothing, and stick it under the seat.   If it's gonna rain, it's a moment's work to remove the seat, slip the bag over it, replace the seat, et violin - no more wet bum.   Free, too...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I am looking for a new seat.  I have seen a couple of Seth's seats and they look to be very well made and get good reviews.  Would you care to share with us the cost?  Did you have to send yours off so he could use the original seat pan?  

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

I am looking for a new seat.  I have seen a couple of Seth's seats and they look to be very well made and get good reviews.  Would you care to share with us the cost?  Did you have to send yours off so he could use the original seat pan?  

LAAM Seat Pricing

Do you build on a stock seat pan or manufacture your own?
All of our seats are built using the stock seat pan. By utilizing the stock seat, we can guarantee a proper fit when your new LAAM seat arrives. Aftermarket seat pans seem to never fit the bike properly.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

17 hours ago, betoney said:

LAAM Seat Pricing

All of our seats are built using the stock seat pan. By utilizing the stock seat, we can guarantee a proper fit when your new LAAM seat arrives. Aftermarket seat pans seem to never fit the bike properly.

This is an incorrect generalisation, IMHO.   After three (3) BAGSTER seats with BAGSTER seat-pans I found all of them to fit as securely and as easily as the OE seats, first time out of the box.   In fact - better, as there was none of that annoying looseness and side-to-side 'slop' as with some Tracer seats.   I'm awaiting info on the availability of their seats for the GT...

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I have a saddle from Seth and I love it. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

9 hours ago, betoney said:

LAAM Seat Pricing

Thanks for the information.  Not sure I agree with what they say about aftermarket seat pans.  Had Sargent seats on my VFR and Ninja 1000.  They make their own pan and both fit perfectly.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Good looking seat. I do like the look of the Stock GT seat, materials and all. My buddy has a seat from Terry and I hate the material. Feels great but don’t like the look. Can’t see it while sitting on it so I get that. 

Put a several hundred so far and what a difference, tho I know most can't handle the shape on this style of bike, but being a senior citizen, comfort is paramount and between it, the peg extenders, and mini handlebar risers made me really like a great bike even more.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1