• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
So, your cynical speculation is rather wide of the mark, and unnecessary as the answers are already in the 2 threads on this board. 
Maybe he has good reason to be cynical! [em]L of S[/em]

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
So, your cynical speculation is rather wide of the mark, and unnecessary as the answers are already in the 2 threads on this board. 
Maybe he has good reason to be cynical! [em]L of S[/em]

Certainly, as it seems Yamaha USA and its dealers do not share the reputation held in other jurisdictions. 
However, before speculating it is a good idea to read through the thread to avoid someone like me pressing the 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

" "Interestingly, I'm supposed to go pick up my new bike this evening. A friend at another Yamaha dealer informed me that Yamaha has issued a "stop sale" on the FJ-09 regarding this recall, but my purchasing dealer has said nothing about it, and has ensured me that I will be able to leave on the bike this evening.. I'm curious what will happen when I show up tonight to pick up the bike." "

It could be that yours is not affected?    I would double check the serial number, and have the dealer double check as well.

I called my dealer on central vancouver Island and he ordered the parts yesterday they are available in Toronto. Another canadian bike recall. Maybe it has something to do with the availability of the bikes. it seemed like they were available early in Canada. I got mine more than 2 1/2 months ago. Anyways. I'll continue riding.
How many km have you already racked up? Any shifting issues?

No issues so far. I only have put 500 km on it , as I just insured it last week. I will continue to ride. Yamahas fear is someone's bike will pop out of gear and leave them stuck powerless in front of another vehicle I think. Worst case scenario. I'll take my chances.

• Premium Member
Does anyone have part numbers and what dealer has the parts?
If you aren't in Canada, then no and none. 
If you are in Canada then it seems the regional HQ in Toronto is shipping rework kits to dealers and at least one forum member has had the bike repaired. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

How many km have you already racked up? Any shifting issues?
No issues so far. I only have put 500 km on it , as I just insured it last week. I will continue to ride. Yamahas fear is someone's bike will pop out of gear and leave them stuck powerless in front of another vehicle I think. Worst case scenario. I'll take my chances. Thanks, took my chances too. The weather was brilliant here Good Friday, took it out for a nice lunch ride. Rear tire chicken strips are now a less embarrassing 1/2". They won't go away for a while, weather forecast now shows snow possible for the next 6 days.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

• Premium Member
I rode my FJ before I had the recall work done and lived to tell about it.
They won't even sell me mine, so it's not like I have a choice.  It was just my luck that the very day I was to go buy it the recall hit with stop-sale. 
I imagine it sitting there in the dealer's workshop, whimpering, just waiting for someone to come get it and take it out to play.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Guest bmidd
I rode my FJ before I had the recall work done and lived to tell about it.
I'm suiting up and headed to Deals Gap right now!

I just came from my local dealer (Top-Moto, Apeldoorn, The Netherlands). They had just received the recall notice. So at least some Tracers in the Netherlands are also affected. I quickly saw some serial numbers. I thought it was somewhere from VIN's 1200 - 3000 that were on the recall list. Mine is 0305, so it appears mine is not affected. (Disclaimer: since mine is not on the list, I kind of might have forgot which were). The owners of affected bike will be contacted by Yamaha.

OK - total confusion here.

I thought that per my VIN, I was effected by the recall, but I went to the dealer and they said that I was not -

My VIN is JYARN37EXFA000565

When he pulled it in the system, he said my bike was model # FJ09FGY, which was not / is not included.

Here's a pic of the printout he gave me:

20150404_094157.png

While I hate to question those who are supposed to be in the "know," Im going to have to question those in the "know..."

For those who have been in the industry and dealt with this previously, am I in the clear or should I start looking for another dealer?

Thanks in advance.

OK - total confusion here.  
I thought that per my VIN, I was effected by the recall, but I went to the dealer and they said that I was not -

My VIN is JYARN37EXFA000565

When he pulled it in the system, he said my bike was model # FJ09FGY, which was not / is not included.

Here's a pic of the printout he gave me:

20150404_094157.png

While I hate to question those who are supposed to be in the "know," Im going to have to question those in the "know..."

For those who have been in the industry and dealt with this previously, am I in the clear or should I start looking for another dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Your serial is in the affected range, but this recall is still under intent to recall status,  so the recall will not show by not looking up your serial number under the unit status inquiry until a bulletin number is published.

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. The question I have is that even though they say it is the affected Vin range, he was telling me multiple times that due to the model number ( FJ09FGY ) the bike is not included in the recall.

I had brought in the paperwork that was supplied on page 1 showing that there was going to be a recall initiated but was told multiple times due to the model number, that I was not affected. So it would appear that I need to find a new dealer No?

Archived