Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Yes, I'm in the UK and had the Yamaha letter today. The parts are showing on the UK system now so the dealer has ordered a kit and will contact me once it arrives to arrange workshop time
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Made an appointment for next week at Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA to have the shifter recall made.  I also got a ding in the front left fork that caused the seal to fail for which I was really making the appointment for, and asked about the shifter recall.  He said it was brand new as he had checked the site yesterday and it wasn't there.  Also, they weren't aware of this recall.   Believe it or not, Yamaha is covering the fork seal too.  Ya.  :)

Let us know how it goes with pro cal. I will be making an appt in the next couple of weeks with them in the couve. So how did you ding your front fork?

Just updated the first post, for those in the US, if your dealer tells you the kits are on back order until June, that is correct. However, Yamaha USA have allocated kits for customer bikes and dealer inventory. If your dealer says the kit is on back order until June, have them file a warranty claim for shifting troubles and your kit should ship within a day or so.

So when the dealer looks up the parts availability, it will say June and that is correct. However there are kits allocated, ask your dealer to file a warranty claim and get your kit.

• Premium Member
UK recall now on the official government VOSA website 

Affected VINs are

RN296######0009355 to RN296######0010782
RN29F#####0001080 to RN29F######0002551
RN291######0004601 to RN291######0005001
DP041######0001239 to DP041######0001293
DP046######0001835 to DP046######0001873
RJ155######0008385 to RJ155######0008482

Those serial nos. include other models such as the Super Tenere.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Just updated the first post, for those in the US, if your dealer tells you the kits are on back order until June, that is correct. However, Yamaha USA have allocated kits for customer bikes and dealer inventory. If your dealer says the kit is on back order until June, have them file a warranty claim for shifting troubles and your kit should ship within a day or so. 
So when the dealer looks up the parts availability, it will say June and that is correct. However there are kits allocated, ask your dealer to file a warranty claim and get your kit.

UPDATE:
My dealership told me June as well.
I called Yamaha Customer Support - 1-800-962-7926 explained the situation. She informed me there was no backorder (I'm like thats not what I was just told).
I asked her to call the dealership on my behalf and what do you know the parts are being released will be available in 3 buis. days.
My dealership service rep informed me after talking with Yamaha they are listing the item on backorder to keep dealerships from "over" ordering parts that will cause a real shortage.
They will indeed release the parts if you press the issue.

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

• Premium Member
UK recall now on the official government VOSA website  
Affected VINs are

RN296######0009355 to RN296######0010782
RN29F#####0001080 to RN29F######0002551
RN291######0004601 to RN291######0005001
DP041######0001239 to DP041######0001293
DP046######0001835 to DP046######0001873
RJ155######0008385 to RJ155######0008482

Those serial nos. include other models such as the Super Tenere.
:) 

Made an appointment for next week at Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA to have the shifter recall made.  I also got a ding in the front left fork that caused the seal to fail for which I was really making the appointment for, and asked about the shifter recall.  He said it was brand new as he had checked the site yesterday and it wasn't there.  Also, they weren't aware of this recall.   Believe it or not, Yamaha is covering the fork seal too.  Ya.  :)
Let us know how it goes with pro cal. I will be making an appt in the next couple of weeks with them in the couve. So how did you ding your front fork?
Up date on the shifter fix.  They got back to me and said it would be mid July before they get the parts in.  Shifter Fix on Hold.   Ding in front fork must have come from a rock or something airborn and slightly from the side as if it came from another car traveling in the opposite direction.  Anyway that is my guess.

Edit:  Parts came in 04-14-15 and I am scheduled to get the work done in two days.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Up date on the shifter fix.  They got back to me and said it would be mid July before they get the parts in.  Shifter Fix on Hold.   Ding in front fork must have come from a rock or something airborn and slightly from the side as if it came from another car traveling in the opposite direction.  Anyway that is my guess.
I apologize, I'm having trouble finding it, but I read somewhere on this forum that indeed Yamaha is back-ordered but they have set aside enough parts for current owners.  The trick is for the dealer to file a warranty claim for shifting problems.  Parts should ship within a day or two according to the other post.  Sorry I can't find the original post off hand.

Archived