Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I just spoke with Brian in Yamaha customer Service.  After asking me if his number was listed on a forum, he told me that the parts are on hand but the whole thing is held up pending approval by NHTSA. [...] 
Call your dealers if you are waiting in the US of A.  The recall is in YDS but they need to take action to get the parts coming.  Best of luck and keep the shiny side up. 
I just received the same information as nekidtriple, a few minutes ago, when I called my Socal dealer to see what the word was. I was told they had just received official confirmation as of this morning and would order "my" parts immediately.
I spoke with my dealer this morning and they had already placed the order for me.  They're expecting the part within the next couple of days and say it's possible I may have the bike by the end of the week. 
The US is clearly behind Canada, but things are moving.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Just had our two bikes done today, (Canada) too bad I don't pick them up until this Saturday but it's nice to know they are ready to roll. Also good to hear Yammy U.S. is getting their act in gear and getting the good people here sorted. Just freakin' itching to get out there!

The recall has started in Europe, was told about it by a friend in Germany, am sure there will be other sources available soon.

The link he gave me (original in German, via Google Translate) here

The VIN numbers affected are :

Yamaha MT-09 tracer (type RN29)

- JYARN29F000001080 to JYARN29F000002597

- JYARN29G000000522 to JYARN29G000001203

Can also check using your VIN on the Yamaha Motors EU website here

The list of numbers we were adding to in another thread suggests there could well be people affected by this. For some reason I have a pretty high number and escape it by 75!

It would appear that Yamaha haven't updated their database yet, riders in Germany have reported the same thing - on the list but nothing yet from the official site - sorry didn't know that at the time I posted. I think the news only broke this morning, I may be totally wrong on this, but I don't think their I.T. is as good as it could be.

Might be worth checking again in a few days time.
In any event, Yamaha UK ought to be notifying those here who are affected.

Called my dealer today.  I figured I'd wait until it seemed others in the US were getting concrete information.  I guess I have to wait for a letter from Yamaha before they know if my bike is affected. ::) They didn't even try to look it up. I got a survey in the mail from Yamaha yesterday asking about my dealer experience.  I guess I should fill that out.  I don't know where I'm going to go to get this done.  I can't seem to find a competent dealer around here.  

• Premium Member
UK bike. Checked on the factory modification web page.... 
"Your vehicle with VIN *JYARN29F000001101* is not in the affected range for any Factory Modification Campaign.

same response when I put my no in that ends 1647

I spoke with the dealer about it when it first broke on this forum and he has not emailed anything

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/ is clear too
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
UK bike. Checked on the factory modification web page.... 
"Your vehicle with VIN *JYARN29F000001101* is not in the affected range for any Factory Modification Campaign.
same response when I put my no in that ends 1647 
I spoke with the dealer about it when it first broke on this forum and he has not emailed anything

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/ is clear too
Just checked mine; all clear! Yamaha wishes you many years of good service from your vehicle. :)

• Premium Member
I spent awhile at the dealer's today. They tell me my parts have already been ordered and there won't be any trouble getting them because there are "lots" in the system. Good job, Yamaha. They expect to have my bike ready to go on Friday.

Too bad there aren't lots of heated grips and hard luggage, those are backordered for a couple of weeks.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

That is Yamaha's MO (not about the accessories). They announce the intent to the dealers, gather recall kits and write the instructions, and when they have enough so every dealer can get some, they launch the recall. My kit is on the way.

Called my dealer about my 1000km service and the first thing he did was checking my VIN against some list. I have a Dutch bike and my VIN is in the range that was quoted from the German website.
According to the dealer mine is one of the recall bikes and they will fix mine next Wednesday together with the 1000km service. He had to order some parts though, so I hope he'll get them in time..

Archived