Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke to my dealer today-they said they could not do anything until i recieved the recall notice in the mail? That means, they won't even order the parts .Is there a way to use another dealer to make repairs if I give them the VIN?

• Premium Member
I spoke to my dealer today-they said they could not do anything until i recieved the recall notice in the mail? That means, they won't even order the parts .Is there a way to use another dealer to make repairs if I give them the VIN?
go to Canada as it seems they are already geared up for the recall, assuming your warranty crosses borders like in the EU.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

go to Canada as it seems they are already geared up for the recall, assuming your warranty crosses borders like in the EU.
It looks like dalaws is in Houston. Given that, the nearest Canadan city appears to be Windsor, ON. It'd be a 20 hour drive, each way. If he did 8 hours a day driving, he would have 6 days on the bike. He'd be closer to go to Mexico, but I'm not sure they have everything sorted out down there either.

It is true they cannot do anything until letters are sent out to owners. This letter of "Intent" is basically a heads up to dealers to make them aware of what's coming. When letters go out parts will go out. Delivered bikes get done first on order of first sales (each dealer may do it differently). The part is item 11 in diagram in early post. And from what I understand clutch has to come out........it will probably take a few hours to get done. This is what I've been told.

It looks like dalaws is in Houston. Given that, the nearest Canadan city appears to be Windsor, ON. It'd be a 20 hour drive, each way. If he did 8 hours a day driving, he would have 6 days on the bike. He'd be closer to go to Mexico, but I'm not sure they have everything sorted out down there either.
I would love to go to Canada to get bike fixed, but I would have to trailer it.  ;-|

FYI - I wouldn't say Canada is ready. Sounds like a few dealers, including mine, are just getting their customer service on. Mine said they aren't going to wait for the official recall, if they know what has to be done the notice of intent is good enough for them to get parts ordered and start booking people in.

Was at the dealer (Canadian) on Monday, they where not aware of the recall but they did take time to check in their system. Yeap the recall from Yamaha was in since the morning. So they ask me my VIN double check if mine was in the recall and it was.  It seem Yamaha have issue a "parts kit number" for the repairs.  They did order it.  Total time 8 minutes.
Parts should be here next week.  Yamaha say 1.1 hours for the job so must be quite easy.  Yes the clutch basket and oil pump sprocket need to come out.  Doesn't seem to be a big deal.
My plan is to wait until their mechanics do at least 1 or 2 bikes before mine and hopefully they will learn if they do mistakes :P
Life goes on :)

I haven't gotten a recall notice yet but my dealer asked to come and pick up the bike and did so this morning, because I reported a shifting problem.  I am having my "shifting problem" processed as a warranty claim. It is fairly obvious they don't want me to ride the bike. After looking at the parts diagram, my only thought was that if one of the shifting forks were to bend due to this defect, it may engage two gears at once (Been there on another bike, pulled in the clutch-fast), or get stuck only able to shift down.  Now I wait. 
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Nothing official in Calif. : TT- 4 dealers from LA - SF . All our waiting for YAMAHA! The opinion is if you haven't experienced any problem & like me have near 5,000 trouble free miles. Be aware but ride & enjoy! #0058 

Agreed. If there was a critical situation, there would have been notice given. My dealer said until there is an official notice given from Yamaha, and that my serial number is part of the recall, there is nothing to b concerned with. When that day comes, I can schedule an appointment and the work will be done. If anything happens between those two points in time I have a warranty. If any harm comes to me, I have a lawyer. 

My dealer in Escondido hadn't heard anything.
Asked the service manager to call Yamaha.
Called me back to say that Yamaha has no information on this.
My vin falls in the recall zone . He was adamant there was nothing he could find out.
I'm just waiting and riding. Should get interesting..

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I asked Yamaha Australia what the local situation is: here's the reply:
[em]"Hi Lawrence,

At this stage no recall has been issues. However once a recall has been issues, dealership floor stock will need to be repaired before delivery of a unit to the owner/customer.

Customers are contact for units already sold within affected range".[/em]
Clearly, English is not this person's first language... 
FWIW...
L of S 

Archived