Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

Yes I read pg2 ; thats why I called YAMAHA ; then my local dealer & nothing official.  But after traded my FJR 07 this I'm not surprised.   Been thur recall Hell with the FJR 07 until it was finally fixed ; then put 112,560mi on it . traded it for the fj09 & now have 11,300mi & loving it.                                                                                Riding Saturday 300+mi    will take VISE GRIPS in case to shifting problems ;) 
Maybe you're one of the fortunate with a VIN # not in the affected range?  The letter on page 2 suggests to me that there is a recall forthcoming, and the several members have not been able to take delivery due to this issue.  If my bike wasn't already in the garage, my dealer wouldn't have let it out of his shop. 
As I said, I would ride mine anyway, until the repair was available, were it not for the salt on the roads here.  Also, I am not a lawyer, mechanic or employee of Yamaha, so my advice is worth what you paid for it.  Enjoy the ride.  I'm a bit jealous.

Edit:  You don't have to be a mechanical engineer to guess what happens if there are broken bits of steel rolling around amid your spinning gears.  Potential wheel lockup, death, a new-found desire to ride Harley Davidsons, etc etc.  

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TT local dealer ; nothing official. Called yamaha NO RECALL they are aware of. My fj09 is ca= 0059 I guess we will find out soon if this IS REAL OR NOT!!!
One member stated they would not deliver his new bike to him because of the recall. That being the case, he may be in for a long wait.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Picked my bike up last night and asked my dealer about this, he had heard nothing of it, Hopefully not affecting UK bikes! (or maybe just like films and the bike itself!- we get it 3 months after USA!)

Same thing here, talked to the dealer (in Sweden) yesterday and he knew nothing about this.
Someone in Europe got recall?

THANKS for this thread.  I just spoke to my dealer and was told DO NOT RIDE THE BIKE -IT MAY CAUSE A CRASH!  They have not yet issued the recall and the parts are not yet available.  I now have a very expensive paperweight. >:D  One of the symptoms mentioned is difficulty shifting gears -  this was a thread I started.  This thread may have saved me from being reassembled in reverse order of disassembly again...  ???

2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Ride my bike or not?  I called my dealer. They are going to try and get the parts. Fingers crossed it will get fixed quickly. Should I continue to ride?  

I'm going to ride my bike.
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

I just did a 1200 mile ride across west Texas, with all kinds of shifting in the twisties.........good thing I didn't know about the recall. 

elrUEgs.jpg

Totally. If you knew about the recall you would have crashed for sure ;) 
And is there even room for you on there? Your bike looks like a house! Looks good in full touring mode I must say...

• Premium Member
I just did a 1200 mile ride across west Texas, with all kinds of shifting in the twisties.........good thing I didn't know about the recall. 

elrUEgs.jpg

Totally. If you knew about the recall you would have crashed for sure ;) 
And is there even room for you on there? Your bike looks like a house! Looks good in full touring mode I must say...
Certainly looks like the house contents were taken on tour
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Yep, when I tour I take it all............Satellite radio, GPS, coffee pot with stove, snacks, computer, flip flops, jogging shoes, tools, first aid kit, water, rain gear, several pairs of gloves............you get the idea. That luggage case is the perfect back rest for me.

Archived