New updated Yamahas

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, bigorangecntry07 said:

Woa a MT 10 touring!

You can buy the parts to convert one but the "touring Edition" model itself is only available in Europe as is the SP model.

Still, I don't see how they can call it a Touring Edition with a straight face when it gets such horrible fuel economy.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

You plan your tour from gas station to gas station ...

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2
TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

12 hours ago, betoney said:

You can buy the parts to convert one but the "touring Edition" model itself is only available in Europe as is the SP model.

Still, I don't see how they can call it a Touring Edition with a straight face when it gets such horrible fuel economy.

Agreed... I've been on rides with some MT-10s and they literally stop for gas every 75 to 100 miles (obviously the tank goes a little further).

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member

Obviously this is a matter of taste, but I don't care for the headlight styling on any of these. I guess I'm boring and old fashioned but I prefer a naked bike with a round headlight, like the XSR900 or Husqvarna Vitpilen.

• Supporting Member

I don't understand Yamaha's styling or component choice on these.  They all have LED headlights and inverted forks except the MT07 and they all have different instrument screens with the 03 and 10 looking the nicest and 09 being the worst by far.  Some of them have a small sport screen but the 09 looks completely unfinished.  Why is the 09 the only one with the ugly license plate holder attached to the rear wheel?  I don't like the gauge placement on the 07, you have to remove it to adjust the handlebars.  I actually like the overall styling on the 03 the best.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, betoney said:

I don't understand Yamaha's styling or component choice on these.  They all have LED headlights and inverted forks except the MT07 and they all have different instrument screens with the 03 and 10 looking the nicest and 09 being the worst by far.  Some of them have a small sport screen but the 09 looks completely unfinished.  Why is the 09 the only one with the ugly license plate holder attached to the rear wheel?  I don't like the gauge placement on the 07, you have to remove it to adjust the handlebars.  I actually like the overall styling on the 03 the best.

Look on the bright side they have LED turn signals!

But probably no self cancelling turn signals. 

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

As usual, I agree with Betoney.  Why, even with the 9 and 10, are there no radial front brake master cylinders or adjustable reach clutch levers?  I just don't get it given the 9 and 10's prices, and thus don't se how adding these latter 2 items would be an issue.  And the 10 tour is a dichotomy as indicated above due to its abysmal fuel mileage.  And why the semi-hard zippered panniers?!  The swingarm mounted taillight assembly on the 9 isn't that effective and is a styling thing that just adds unsprung weight and extends the mass from the Cg.  Now I presume it's due to tiered driver's licensing and/or insurance rates but the 125 is within spitting distance price wise as the 3.  It'd be a no brainer then otherwise to go with the 3.  And it gets USD forks and not the 7?  Head shaking...

• Thumbsup 1