Polish !!!!

Hi Guys,

What polish do you use on the MATT blue paintwork, on the 900 GT, U.K. Bike.

Been told if you use any normal polish it will make the paintwork Shiny and also impossible to do all over.

I want to keep it MATT.

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, edgarjessop12 said:

Hi Guys,

Been told if you use any normal polish it will make the paintwork Shiny and also impossible to do all over.

I want to keep it MATT.

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

Since it has a matte finish, you wont want to use a 'polish' since that will defeat the purpose, you just want to clean it.  Looking on Google there are many dozens of sprays or cleaners for matte or satin finishes.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

When dirty I wash it with a quality automotive soap. If it's just dusty I get a bucket of warm water and a microfiber towel to wipe it down. 

I finish up with Hog Wash for matte finish.

b2b32cbaHW0287__82448.1523574612.500.750

Step up your ride with our range of Bike Parts & Motorcycle Accessories...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

When dirty I wash it with a quality automotive soap. If it's just dusty I get a bucket of warm water and a microfiber towel to wipe it down. 

If you use that stuff on your GT She will put on 300 pounds. Want to hang out at biker bars and leave wet spots where ever she travels🙂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 5

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

If you use that stuff on your GT She will put on 300 pounds. Want to hang out at biker bars and leave wet spots where ever she travels🙂

Actually I have been pretty impressed with it.. It's love bug season down here and they wipe right off for the most part.

🤢

20190428_162308.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Confused 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Is it good for the OE saddlebags?  I have a large scratch on one where it rubbed up against a wood railing.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fddriver2 said:

Actually I have been pretty impressed with it.. It's love bug season down here and they wipe right off for the most part.

🤢

20190428_162308.jpg

I remember more than once hitting a swarm of those things at night and my face shield being totally covered, leaving me blinded. One more reason I'm not looking forward to moving back to Florida, the things I do to keep domestic tranquility.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Is it good for the OE saddlebags?  I have a large scratch on one where it rubbed up against a wood railing.

It's more of a cleaner-protectant. Not a polish. I have no idea how you would repair a scratch on a matte finish. Anything you could use to "buff" out a scratch would smooth out the matte. 😕  imo 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

I remember more than once hitting a swarm of those things at night and my face shield being totally covered, leaving me blinded. One more reason I'm not looking forward to moving back to Florida, the things I do to keep domestic tranquility.

That was last year. They were so thick that I had to stop twice in 60 miles to clean my visor. 

Screenshot (54).png

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 months later...

Was in dilemma when i got mine , in Black Matte 2020 model,  i have in hand a gallon of Meguiar's X-Press Synthetic and wrote to Meguiar's, they confirmed can use on Matte finish. would try Muc Off Matte Finish Detailer when my Meguiar's runs out. 

Sadly stone chip etc can't be mend back with polish, intend to repaint to gloss colour when its get real bad, afterall only a small area as most are all plastiky. 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:46 PM, edgarjessop12 said:

Hi Guys,

I want to keep it MATT.

Cheers Edgar Jessop.

I'm in the UK and have been using S100 Matt Wax which as the name says, is a wax protector specially for matt finishes. As you say, you must not use normal polishes on matt. Similarly, this product should not be used on gloss.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/502885

Seems to work well and I like it because it is a wax, yet preserves the matt finish. SDoc are a well known German maker of a variety of lubes, cleaners and polishes etc.

Edited by Anon E Mouse

• Premium Member

The spray way glass cleaner has no ammonia or anything in

it spray it on let it sit, use a soft bristle brush to squeegee off the bugs, then any decent spray wax like the Wizards (which is really not so much wax) but works well on matte finishes as well as shiny finishes, even protect-all doesn't change the sheen

Sprayway can be had even at Home Depot on his cheap and the Wizards comes in various formulations including a plastic restorer

20200825_202330.jpg