14,800 kms

joe72t

1 hour ago, HGP61 said:

I'll let you know next week when we come back but, I will be away with my bike and my pals so I already know its going to be great.

Where you planning to go?

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, HGP61 said:

I will be away with my bike and my pals so I already know its going to be great.

It doesn't get any better than a road trip with a few good buddies, and to be honest the destination isn't important.  If you happen to go to a fantastic location then that's just a bonus.  Enjoy the ride.👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, Stew said:

Where you planning to go

The original plan was a clockwise loop of the north coast 500 with a couple of add on's but with the campsites that we wanted to use not opening their facilities we  went for a plan B Our friend has a caravan parked at Inveraray so a couple of nights there so we can take in a run down to Campbelltown, an Oban to Glencoe run is on the cards. Ferry across to Mull is booked for a wee bit round the island.Then a few nights camping at Glen Nevis where we might fit in a trip up to Applecross coming back to Fort William via Skye and Mallaig. as you mentioned in a post about being on a ferry one of the options from Inveraray to Ft. William is via Mull and the Ardnamurchan peninsula taking in Scotlands most westerly point on the mainland. Iv'e got that saved as the 3 ferry route on the sat nav. But  as bethony said above,

2 hours ago, betoney said:

It doesn't get any better than a road trip with a few good buddies, and to be honest the destination isn't important.  If you happen to go to a fantastic location then that's just a bonus

So as much as we have planned we will just take it as it comes

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

The original plan was a clockwise loop of the north coast 500 with a couple of add on's but with the campsites that we wanted to use not opening their facilities we  went for a plan B Our friend has a caravan parked at Inveraray so a couple of nights there so we can take in a run down to Campbelltown, an Oban to Glencoe run is on the cards. Ferry across to Mull is booked for a wee bit round the island.Then a few nights camping at Glen Nevis where we might fit in a trip up to Applecross coming back to Fort William via Skye and Mallaig. as you mentioned in a post about being on a ferry one of the options from Inveraray to Ft. William is via Mull and the Ardnamurchan peninsula taking in Scotlands most westerly point on the mainland. Iv'e got that saved as the 3 ferry route on the sat nav. But  as bethony said above,

So as much as we have planned we will just take it as it comes

Woohoo, that sounds like a brilliant ride. I know the West of Scotland so well. I am headed up to Largs to see my mum tomorrow, and now you've got me thinking, should I just whack the tent on the back of the bike and carry on up and do a wee run round the Trossachs and up to Pitlochry and over and down again :)
Have a brilliant time, and take lots of photos!

• 3 months later...