Finally got the vinyl I ordered

• Supporting Member

Man that looks sooo much better than my generic strip of red reflective, vertical, on each pannier.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

36 minutes ago, knyte said:

Man that looks sooo much better than my generic strip of red reflective, vertical, on each pannier.

Thanks man. 

First FJR had Realtime Industries bag vinyls w/tuning forks, I added his side stripes. When I got my ‘15 I added the tuning fork vinyls and made my own side stripes.

The bag vinyls would work on the Tracer (same base case), but decided different bike, time to try something different.

Wife came home with a Black Friday Cricut a few years back, before Friday was over found software to talk to it and the next day had a Hello Kitty with an AK cut for my truck...

Mark

• Thumbsup 2

17 hours ago, thewrenchbender said:

Thanks man. 

First FJR had Realtime Industries bag vinyls w/tuning forks, I added his side stripes. When I got my ‘15 I added the tuning fork vinyls and made my own side stripes.

The bag vinyls would work on the Tracer (same base case), but decided different bike, time to try something different.

Wife came home with a Black Friday Cricut a few years back, before Friday was over found software to talk to it and the next day had a Hello Kitty with an AK cut for my truck...

Mark

Kalashnikitty!

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, thewrenchbender said:

a couple weeks ago. Is 3M Scotchlite 680 black reflective.

Think it turned out OK.

2020 GT, just turned 2500 miles.

E58A1952-0D35-46BC-A2A3-01891CAC2CD8.jpeg

660A2784-0F7A-4E05-8374-3A349DA1ED74.jpeg

0B09A04B-B280-4A49-A205-1C39BB08284F.jpeg

Where did you get those?  I think it might even look good on the saddlebag lids themselves.

Yes, where or did you get it or did you use a cutting machine to do it with.  It looks super nice, much bette than the red reflective stickers Ive contemplated.  Have thought about a red LED strip on each sidecase for an extra brake light but would need wiring with a plug.  

7 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Yes, where or did you get it or did you use a cutting machine to do it with.  It looks super nice, much bette than the red reflective stickers Ive contemplated.  Have thought about a red LED strip on each sidecase for an extra brake light but would need wiring with a plug.  

Used Inkscape to convert a graphic stolen from the web to a .svg file that was imported into the software purchased immediately after my wife brought home a Black Friday sale Cricut cutter years ago.

The vinyl is readily available, but is relatively pricey. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

I put one of these above the license plate mount on my FJR:

SS-T3.jpg

The Feniex T3 is fiercely bright. This...

Got pins/connectors/loom from Cycle Terminal, made an in-line M/F jumper with the T3 tied to the brake wires, rest just passed straight through.

If I go that route on the Tracer would mount it right over the license plate/right through the reflector...

Light is easily “set” to 3 fast flashes then constant on. Very very bright for a tiny footprint.

• 9 months later...