• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Good is the Bagster Seat

Shizzle

@littlebruv

I switched from a Sargent seat to a Bagster.  The Bagster is more narrow at the rear than the Sargent. The Sargent sits slightly lower than the Bagster.  The Sargent is stiff and relies on spreading the load to achieve some level of comfort. The Bagster is a little more plush.  Overall I think the Bagster is more comfortable... the Sargent just doesn't have enough foam towards the rear of the rider seat.

I had a Sargent Performance Plus and now have a Bagster Ready Luxe w/ Bulltex foam.

• Thumbsup 3

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
59 minutes ago, Garybinnyc said:

Just out of curiosity I’m looking at the bagster.. on chrome burners website it shows the seat is for MT-09… is the seat identical for the FJ09? I’d hate to order the wrong seat. Thanks!

The MT09 TRACER is the same bike as the FJ09, the MT09 is not even close.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thank you! I’d hate to buy a custom seat for the wrong bike! 

Just got back from a 2 hour ride and my a$$ is sore.. first thing I did was order my bagster! Will be a few weeks and can’t wait.

Edited by Garybinnyc
Update
  • Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Garybinnyc said:

Just out of curiosity for anyone that has the bagster seat did you get the gel?  I completely customize mine and had the gel added and just curious if anyone else has it and what your take is on it.

While I don't have a Bagster seat, I do have a gel insert in my custom seat and love it.  I have heard riders say that the gel will freeze in the winter and cook you in the summer heat but I have never felt any of that. 

My gel insert is approximately an 8" oval and isn't on the top surface of the seat foam directly below the cover, there is an additional thin layer of padding on top of the gel about 1/8" thick.

• Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, betoney said:

While I don't have a Bagster seat, I do have a gel insert in my custom seat and love it.  I have heard riders say that the gel will freeze in the winter and cook you in the summer heat but I have never felt any of that. 

My gel insert is approximately an 8" oval and isn't on the top surface of the seat foam directly below the cover, there is an additional thin layer of padding on top of the gel about 1/8" thick.

Good to know! Thanks .. imagine even on the new seat, it Hass to be more comfortable with the gel

All right this is very strange but I was just told by chromeburner.. they spoke with Bagster and no longer are making seats for 2015 models.. kind of surprised and can’t help but wonder if the 2015 is the same as 16 1718? Any thoughts? That’s really the seat I want but if I have to refer to a Corbin or something I guess I will

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Garybinnyc said:

All right this is very strange but I was just told by chromeburner.. they spoke with Bagster and no longer are making seats for 2015 models.. kind of surprised and can’t help but wonder if the 2015 is the same as 16 1718? Any thoughts? That’s really the seat I want but if I have to refer to a Corbin or something I guess I will

The ‘15-‘17 FJ09 seats are identical.  I believe in countries that actually got a 2018 model, that was actually a Tracer. 

• 1 month later...

So here's a question for those in the know - is the 15 - 17 saddle the same as the Tracer/Tracer GT saddle from 18 - 20? According to the Chromeburner website, they would seem to be interchangeable (assuming you don't mind the 'Tracer GT' embroidery). Can experts chime in?

pretty sure the Tracer GT (2019-2020) is a different seat than the 15-17 seat.

I have a Bagster which I'm very happy with -  bought it from another forum member with 50 miles on it.  It was not the total nirvana I thought it might be but better than stock.  It is wider and feels firm.  I rode 250 miles one day but had 560+ the next day so popped my AirHawk on top of it.  I've done that 560 mile ride several times on a BMW F800GT standard seat, standard seat + Air Hawk, Comfort seat + Air Hawk, Yamaha Tracer GT with Standard seat + Air Hawk and now Tracer GT Bagster + AirHawk.  Bagster seat + AirHawk is the best combo so far!  The Bagster seat by itself is supportive and firm but not soft.  I expect the Bagster takes some miles to break in - comfort seat on my BMW seemed to take 1,000 miles.  I expect the Bagster will only continue to get better.  It looks great and I've never had a seat even with the AirHawk where at the end of a near 600 mile day I did not have some painful spots and had to stop more frequently.  This time I was able to focus on "how far can I stretch the gas mileage".  I only made three stops in the ride - one was a lunch and gas stop so it was longer.  I don't recall ever standing on the pegs either so while it didn't amaze me in initial sit, it obviously does what it is supposed to!  There is a difference between firm and does what it should and hard - LOL for hard you should try a 2012 CBR600RR seat!  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, iamthedruman said:

So here's a question for those in the know - is the 15 - 17 saddle the same as the Tracer/Tracer GT saddle from 18 - 20? According to the Chromeburner website, they would seem to be interchangeable (assuming you don't mind the 'Tracer GT' embroidery). Can experts chime in?

No, the FJ09 and Tracer seats aren’t interchangeable 

• Thumbsup 2