How Good is the Bagster Seat

Shizzle

Pretty much anything you get will be an improvement over the stock seat.  Have read good reviews on the Bagster.  I went with a Terry Adcox seat.  In an effort to get home quickly at the end of a four day ride I got on the interstate and did 150 miles without a stop with no discomfort at all.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Shizzle said:

Thinking of getting the Bagster seat. Those of you that have one what do you think? I'm thinking of getting this one

A Bagster seat is a big improvement in both style and comfort for...

Thanks

I'm sure the Bagster will be an improvement, lots of great reviews on here. 

Have you considered a custom built seat?  measured, shaped and fitted specifically to you?  Yes, they ARE expensive but can you really put a price on all-day comfort?  I have gone 400-500 mile days for 10 days straight with no sore butt issues. 

I know a few riders who will spend almost $1000 on an aftermarket exhaust but balk at a one time outlay of $500-600 for all-day comfort which will last the life of the motorcycle.  🤷‍♀️ 

I had a custom built seat on my previous bike, same for this bike and I will get one built for my next bike, I do a lot of road trips each year and comfort is an absolute must for me.  YMMV.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I have the Bagster seat you linked to in the original thread and I can honestly say that it is NOT a transformation. It is a marginal improvement for me, but as it's an improvement of sorts I have stuck with it. Raising the rear of the fuel tank a little bit has also helped. I've just accepted now, that my bony butt will always hurt after a while and so I take breaks and move around on the seat a lot whilst riding.

@PhotoAl, the material on mine is a woven pattern, rather than a true weave. It's been waterproof so far.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Ex Tracerista and TracerGTista here, quite possibly world's greatest BAGSTER seat advocate - and no, they have not offered me a trip to France to view their factory!   Caveat - we are all different and there is no one seat suits all here, for one man's seat may be another man's poison.   

I am bony-butted, but on some lengthy touring over at times indifferent road surfaces have found supreme day-in day-out comfort on my custom BAGSTER seats (2 x Tracers, one x GT), so much so that I have just minutes ago ordered a new one for my new-ish MT-09 SP. 

A word about waterproofness (if that's a word): in the distant past water did enter the stitched seams of some BAGSTER seats reported here, but for at least 4 or 5 years past they are made waterproof by simple means of a plastic membrane over the foam/ Bultex interior of the seat: the outcome is no more issues of that kind. 

Very highly recommended.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 2

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

1 hour ago, BBB said:

I have the Bagster seat you linked to in the original thread and I can honestly say that it is NOT a transformation. It is a marginal improvement for me, but as it's an improvement of sorts I have stuck with it. Raising the rear of the fuel tank a little bit has also helped. I've just accepted now, that my bony butt will always hurt after a while and so I take breaks and move around on the seat a lot whilst riding.

@PhotoAl, the material on mine is a woven pattern, rather than a true weave. It's been waterproof so far.

Have you tried or considered getting a pair of cyclists' waist-to-knee compression shorts with padding in the butt.   I have a pair that made a huge difference on a stock seat, and the 'compression' element of the garment also holds together all the loose flesh and skin and pink bits down there, eliminates chafing,  and adds greatly to the on-the-bike comfort.   Not for honeymooners though!

Pic below shows the inside (next to the skin) make up of mine, the upper part of the pic being the front of the shorts.  About AUD$30 or so.

P1070165.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Thanks @wordsmith, I too have a couple of pairs of biker padded pants. One specifically for motorcycle riders (even specified down to the style of bike) and one pair from mountain-bike shorts. They both help to a small degree, but give me sweaty parts in warm weather and I'm not a fan of the nappy/diaper feeling you get when wearing them.

I have tried: a Bagster seat, a gel insert to the OEM seat, raising the seat, wearing padded shorts, an airhawk pad, doing squats to improve muscle form, stretches to loosen my hip flexors, voodoo, prayer and swearing a lot. I now just accept the situation.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Well, BBB, you certainly cannot be accused of not trying.   Persistence - as they say - is everything!

You may have noted that I think the Bagster seat is the dogs dangles. I repeat that again here.

BBB, I have a pair of Moto Skiveez, which I think you reference and I never found them much of a benefit.

I tried sheepskin covers and getting the original seat inner modified to no benefit.

I honestly found the OEM seat dangerous as I started thinking about my rear rather than the road after 100miles.

OK, there is probably no  way of anyone trying a Bagster before deciding to spend the cash. Trust me --- I don't spend without research or with abandon! 

I can only say the Bagster works for me. I will add it did improve over a few hundred miles.

If anybody says they don't like their Bagster offer to buy it and watch them backtrack.

Going back to Cycle Shorts --- regardless of which seat, I found that a pair of cycle shorts with the padding carefully removed make excellent motorcycle shorts. Flat seems and a high back. Base layer tucked into the shorts - perfect.

My Corbin seat has been a lot better than I ever expected... not hard at all and you can place it in the upper setting in the front and it removed much of the slope.. enough that you forget if there's a slope.  Not as cheap as other options but so far it's been good enough for me to forget about the seat at all when riding.

Edited by mellow
  • Thumbsup 1