Am I the only moron here?

Coop

A while back I took my Corbin seat off for some reason and it never fit tight after that.  After studying the problem and dropping many ideas (okay I'm a geezer and forgot what I was thinking) I finally got it right by an enormous amount of luck and God's grace.  Unfortunately I was not driven to drink again so you distillers in Scotland can stop buying cattle urine.  LOL!  We had a good run in the 70's, but it's over now.

Seriously though, it's difficult to get the seat into the lower notch, but when I got it there it was like turtle........well you know.    

• Supporting Member

Meh, you're not completely alone!

I fumble with the seat adjuster insert every time I have to remove / replace the battery.  Never seem to be able to line it up right the first time.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

Not as long as I'm a member.... After that.  🤷‍♂️

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Darn you all posted before I could say "my sympathy for being the lone moron here"  :-) 

I would never do something stupid like getting off the bike without the kickstand down - well I might have done that,  for a while I had an iPhone shaped bruise on my hip.  Sorry but no pics :-)

EDIT:  Just to clarify that was before I got smart and bought a Tracer GT

Edited by PhotoAl

I find the seat unit fiddly too. I can insert the seat in the higher notch but it's the lock that puzzles me. No matter how I put it, it stills move around a bit. The seat is locked for sure, I hear the click but it still moves  a bit...

3 hours ago, lospsi said:

I hear the click but it still moves  a bit...

Done a few moronic things in the past too, Lopsi are you moving the plastic seat support into the high position before you fit the seat . First time i tried the adjustment I had too much movement and realized that something wasn't correctly placed.

I prefer to call situations like this 'opportunities for evolution' ... at this point, I should be solid energy but that hasn't happened yet so I think I still have a few 'opportunities' left in me.

For the corbin seat, I cut the rear half of the plastic oem adjuster off and put the front part in the high position.. that way I can place the front of the seat high and the rear part low which cuts down some of the slope.  That gets real tricky since the adjuster moves around some when putting the seat back on but once it's just right, it's a nice seating position.  I don't take the seat off that often so I don't mind.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

Done a few moronic things in the past too, Lopsi are you moving the plastic seat support into the high position before you fit the seat . First time i tried the adjustment I had too much movement and realized that something wasn't correctly placed.

Yes, I'm locating the correct hole in the rear part of the seat. Still, when locked the seat moves a bit (as the metal bracket of the seat allows it inside the lock). I guess that's a normal-ish thing??

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, lospsi said:

Yes, I'm locating the correct hole in the rear part of the seat. Still, when locked the seat moves a bit (as the metal bracket of the seat allows it inside the lock). I guess that's a normal-ish thing??

Yes, I'm afraid it is. I mount my seat in the upper position but it's still pretty sloppy. 

Overall fit and finish on this bike is more '79 Camaro than Honda Accord. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, bigorangecntry07 said:

The plastic high / low adjuster did not work with my Corbin seat, I had to completely remove it from the  bike to get the seat to fit properly. May want to try removing it altogether as well, you might have an easier time getting it on there

The plastic thingie has been in my tool box for a long time.  Putting in the bottom slot didn't seem right.  Maybe I should take it off every week, just so I can remember how to put it back on.

15 hours ago, Coop said:

The plastic thingie has been in my tool box for a long time.  Putting in the bottom slot didn't seem right.  Maybe I should take it off every week, just so I can remember how to put it back on.

Cut it in half and it will work if you want the front on high or low.

&title=My%20Attachments%20-%20FJ09%20Tra

Edited by mellow
  • Thumbsup 1