FJ09 4- year anniversary

Great report @betoney and good news for all us FJ pilots.

My 2016 just rolled past 15k miles and it is the most fun bike I've ever owned.

I call it my smile generator each time I hit an apex, roll on throttle and feel the front wheel lift ever so slightly into the sky.

• Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

I'm almost right with you Betoney!  I bought my also fastest red 15 new in July 16 but had to take most of the riding months off in 18 & 19 to remodel one of my kid's house, or I'd have more miles.  Also like you, other than a QS/Blipper, mine exceeds the spec & features of even a 20 IMO, and I like the shorter swingarm with it's sharper handling.  Need to check the valves again this winter and change the oil.  May get a few more rides in yet this year, as my my lumbar surgery (I'm waiting a year to have the cervical fixed) had to be deferred until after New Years due to my colon rearing its ugly head.

20201128_184942.jpg

20161005_113703.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Congrats! Impressive miles. I've had mine for 5.5 years and have only racked up 36k miles. 50-60% business travel cuts into my riding time. I'm still on the original battery too, if that gives you any hope.  

• Thumbsup 3

I'm way behind you fellas but working on catching up.  Rode today and love the bike, have the handling where I want it now, maybe not perfect but works for me.  For a long trip with luggage and sidecases full will have to add some preload.  Its a really fun bike and love the engine.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Well, I got mine (2017) 5 weeks ago with 7250 km on it (4500 miles) and passed 12300 km (7650 miles) couple of days ago. So that's just over 5000km (3100 miles). 43000 km (26700 miles) since September last year until mid of October this year when I was riding my previous bike (2017 V Strom 650XT). Ended up this riding season with 35000km (22000 miles) on V Strom and 5000 km  (3100 miles) on FJ09. Total this year 40000 km (25000 miles).  That's my new personal record.

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1

I just cut back to only 1 bike after sharing mileage with 2 or more bikes for a long time.  My mileage should go up quickly.

3600 miles on it now, it had 1000 miles when I got it on Sept. 9th. So I've more then tripled the mileage on a 2015.

• Supporting Member

Glad to hear of your trouble-free experiences; I can only hope to log as many km's with so few problems!!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, lospsi said:

It would be great if you would post all the mods done to your bike, I see you have a lot!!

If you feel like to, of course.

After buying the bike I upgraded the suspension, I ordered the Penske 8383 shock from Traxxion Dynamics and then I ordered the Advanced fork upgrade from "Forks by Matt". 

ECU Flash by 2WDW 2WDW Flash

Active Tune AFR Tuning Kit Active Tune

Scorpion Titanium Slip-On Scorpion Slip-On

MCCruise cruise control, MCCruise

Custom seat built by Rich's Custom Seats

Rizoma MA009 handlebars,

Pazzo levers (short brake lever),

FZ1 weighted bar ends, FZ1 Bar Ends

Custom modified Puig touring screen from a Gen II FZ1, (for winter) FZ1 Touring screen

Windscreen Wind Deflector Wind Deflector

Parabellum Flyscreen (for warmer weather) Parabellum Flyscreen

X-Arc billet turn signals front and rear, X-Arc Signals

X-Blaster LED tail light, X-Blaster LED

Denali DRL light, Denali Daytime Running Lights

Custom modified handguards from a  Suzuki DL650

RD Moto Engine Crash Bars Crash Bars

Sykik Tire Pressure Monitor Sykik TPMS

16/47 Gearing Superlite Sprockets

I'm sure there is more but this list is off the top of my head and I didn't include Shad bags or tank bag.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 minutes ago, betoney said:

After buying the bike I upgraded the suspension, I ordered the Penske 8383 shock from Traxxion Dynamics and then I ordered the Advanced fork upgrade from "Forks by Matt". 

ECU Flash by 2WDW 2WDW Flash

Active Tune AFR Tuning Kit Active Tune

Scorpion Titanium Slip-On Scorpion Slip-On

MCCruise cruise control, MCCruise

Custom seat built by Rich's Custom Seats

Rizoma MA009 handlebars,

Pazzo levers (short brake lever),

FZ1 weighted bar ends, FZ1 Bar Ends

Custom modified Puig touring screen from a Gen II FZ1, (for winter) FZ1 Touring screen

Windscreen Wind Deflector Wind Deflector

Parabellum Flyscreen (for warmer weather) Parabellum Flyscreen

Denali DRL light, Denali Daytime Running Lights

Custom modified handguards from a  Suzuki DL650

RD Moto Engine Crash Bars Crash Bars

Sykik Tire Pressure Monitor Sykik TPMS

16/47 Gearing Superlite Sprockets

I'm sure there is more but this list is off the top of my head and I didn't include Shad bags or tank bag.

Nice upgrades!

Now, a picture or two would be even better! Nice upgraded bikes should be shown here!

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

<cough> big ass brakes <cough cough>

Damn, how could I forget all of that?  I must need a 2nd cup of coffee... 🤷‍♀️

320mm R1 rotors, 11mm caliper spacers, Spiegler braided brake lines, R1 radial Master cylinder, EBC HH pads, Spiegler hydraulic brake switch...

My debit card is having fits bringing up memories of all of these past transactions... 😲

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, betoney said:

After buying the bike I....

Hey that's not fair. I was already interested in your turn signals, now I have to consider the tail light as well. 😀

• Supporting Member
Just now, Heli ATP said:

Hey that's not fair. I was already interested in your turn signals, now I have to consider the tail light as well. 😀

The tail light has more LED's lit when turned on, all the way across, not just the left and right side.  It also has L and R integrated turn signals (I use in tandem with the X-Arc signals for more visibility) and the brake light is programmable for different flash patterns.

• Thumbsup 1