New Zealand Police Order MT09TRAP (Tracer)

Yamajank

I chased the details of the pillion box through Yamaha UK and up to Yamaha corporate and was just given the runaround. Eventually they linked me to a government purchase website that stated the box was only available to purchase by emergency services. They then stopped answering my emails 😁

I was trying to find out who made the box.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, BBB said:

I chased the details of the pillion box through Yamaha UK and up to Yamaha corporate and was just given the runaround.

After looking at the pillion box under #3 in the Yamaha  Link in my previous post, I lost interest. Very little storage. The base may be good to have if you could build on it?

On 12/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, Heli ATP said:

After looking at the pillion box under #3 in the Yamaha  Link in my previous post, I lost interest. Very little storage. The base may be good to have if you could build on it?

You could build on the stock seat pan.  Fiberglass composite.  Watched a guy build a Quickie2  thirty or so years ago.  Lucky dude developed an epoxy allergy when all he had left to do was the cockpit.  and yes, his wife finished it and after some paperwork and development they were off to Pennsylvania to visit their folks.   

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, Brian said:

New Zealand’s national police operate a fleet of just over two dozen motorcycles

Now THAT'S a small country!

I'm sure the kiwis on this forum will pipe up soon enough, but, no, NZ is not *that* small.

I don't really know but I would expect that their top ten largest cities have more than a dozen or two motorcycle police. After all, NZ has a population of close to 5M people.

I expect that whatever press release the original quote is referring to, relates to a single city since most police are regional and fairly autonomous.

• Supporting Member
On 12/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, Brian said:

Now THAT'S a small country!

Maxwell Smart - Annnndd loving it!

On 12/7/2020 at 10:48 PM, BBB said:

I was trying to find out who made the box.

I think this has been discussed?   But FWIW - Made in France - I've got one for my 2015 vintage Tracer.

20200826_161847.thumb.jpg.fffaac80c0e0776663935c68e3e0c67d.jpg

4 hours ago, ZigMerid said:

, but, no, NZ is not *that* small.

Wasn't implying any offense to your beautiful country. Wish I was there now.

5M appears small when you live in the Houston, Texas Metro area which has a population of over 7 million.

I was thinking of this old movie line:

Edited by Brian

5 hours ago, Brian said:

Wasn't implying any offense to your beautiful country. Wish I was there now.

Not my country - tho I've been there many times. But no offence was taken anyway. I was mainly thinking the press release must have got it wrong.

5 hours ago, Brian said:

when you live in the Houston

I understand. And you don't even get to have beautiful mountain scenery to compensate. Having worked in the DFW area, I completely sympathise. Texas seems very flat to me.

Just to rub it in a bit, I have a motorcycle trip planned for South Island New Zealand - and a few places rent Tracers!!!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2