Crap.

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, DRL65 said:

I have the same adjusters.  What did you do to break it?

Don't know. It was fine, then it wasn't. 🤷‍♂️

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, piotrek said:

You are ready...

s-l400.jpg

Ready for what?

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, fddriver2 said:

Well crap.

20210209_180753.jpg

20210209_180741.jpg

Are they the Italian made, 'million dollar', LighTech adjusters?  Or knock offs?

Hope they are the knock offs or I'm getting worried.😮

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Factory stuff works just as good or in this case much better. 

Not really. The factory adjuster blocks are made from case hardened swiss cheese. I know I'm only one of dozens of forum members here who've mangled the OEM blocks. 

• Thumbsup 7

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Factory stuff works just as good or in this case much better. 

The factory axle block is garbage, that's why so many riders change it out for something of decent quality.

vsK7719.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

31 minutes ago, betoney said:

The factory axle block is garbage, that's why so many riders change it out for something of decent quality.

vsK7719.jpg

Some people shouldn’t work on things, l believe this is a great example of one of those people. I’ve never had an issue with mine and I’m sure most haven’t but to each their own. Probably the same bike has many stripped out bolts as well, being your own mechanic has rewards only if you have the ability. 

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, Toddtr said:

Some people shouldn’t work on things, l believe this is a great example of one of those people. I’ve never had an issue with mine and I’m sure most haven’t but to each their own. Probably the same bike has many stripped out bolts as well, being your own mechanic has rewards only if you have the ability. 

So why is your response to any topic always condescending? 

Yamaha makes a soft aluminum block to mate up to the steel axle and its the owners fault due to lack of mechanical skills when it deforms under pressure ... 🤷‍♀️ 

If you had taken a second to ask instead of jumping at the opportunity to treat someone like an ass you could have found that the issue isn't just with the FJ/Tracer, many other riders have had the same issue on the FZ/MT and XSR forums as well. 

• Thumbsup 6

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 minutes ago, betoney said:

So why is your response to any topic always condescending? 

Yamaha makes a soft aluminum block to mate up to the steel axle and its the owners fault due to lack of mechanical skills when it deforms under pressure ... 🤷‍♀️ 

If you had taken a second to ask instead of jumping at the opportunity to treat someone like an ass you could have found that the issue isn't just with the FJ/Tracer, many other riders have had the same issue on the FZ/MT and XSR forums as well. 

Condescending? Because I say some shouldn’t work on their own bikes? If you over torque or improperly place bolts, screws or nuts it’s not Yamahas fault when they fail, break or strip. Guess now saying everyone isn’t a mechanic means I’m an ass, a condescending ass to be exact