What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

i took two more rides with the scorpion exo t1200 and this time i used ear plugs that i alwasy used anyhow but i wanted to see if i could get away without them.....results .....extremely noisy helmet wiithout ear plugs
with ear plugs on ,not noisy but i could hear the wind rushing by

took the bike to 100 mph and the helmet stayed in place and great feel. the wind noise is subdue but it is there

i am ready to return it but today i went and tried on the L and XL schuberth c3 pro........L is very tight but feels good but i think that after 2 hours it may be unbearable..then tried on the Xl and somewhat loose but comfortable which means that it will espnad and be very loose ...

also tried on the neotec again and feels great...but also feels heavy..........

therefore it now looks like i may keep the EXOt1200...it fits great.......but still have 2 weeks to make up my mind ..........

I used to have a Scorpion EXO that I thought was great, until I bought a Bell Star. What a difference in quality, weight and ventilation...
Bought a Bell Star Carbon for around $360 and love it!WP_20150721_006_zpsejjt6tql.jpg~original 
STUFF EVERYTHING - I'VE ALWAYS GOT MY BIKE!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i just completed a 2,500 mile trip with the scorpion and it has now become my nimber 1 helmet out of all the others i have .it is noisy but i do wear earplugs ,still noisy when the wind is bad. but i got the new PUID windscreen and when raised to where i can see 2 inches over ti the helmet is super quiet ...and when in the airstream is is very aerodynamic ...great helmet and only 360 .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I purchased a Schubert C3 several weeks ago. I have never owned a quality helmet before so I think it is awesome. My previous helmets have been the cheapest Snell/DOT I could find or maybe one that came with a used bike etc. I will never go back to a "cheap" one again. I have worn an HJC's since 2007. The HJC is for round/earth-shaped head which added to my discomfort (I am a slow learner). The Schuberth is made for intermediate to oval head which fits my noggin way better. The C3 is comfortable, excellent ventilation, better peripheral than what I was used to, super quiet with less buffet. I had to use the sticky plate to mount my Scala Rider G4 but it fits and works great. Plus the C3 can be had for about 45% off now. I am very happy.

Jon

Guest branthopolis
Purchased a Shoei Neotec in the anthracite metallic color a few weeks ago and have now ridden in it a few times.. Well made of high-end materials and extremely comfortable. Ventilation very good for a modular helmet, has a drop-down sun visor, and is equipped for Pinloc visors for anti-fogging.  Its not a cheap helmet, but in my opinion, very much worth it..

Shoei Neotec - Shoei N America

• Premium Member
Purchased a Shoei Neotec in the anthracite metallic color a few weeks ago and have now ridden in it a few times.. Well made of high-end materials and extremely comfortable. Ventilation very good for a modular helmet, has a drop-down sun visor, and is equipped for Pinloc visors for anti-fogging.  Its not a cheap helmet, but in my opinion, very much worth it.. 
Shoei Neotec - Shoei N America

Agreed. I've been riding with my Neotec for 2 years now. Love it! 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I've been a Nolan fan for years, and my current helmet is an N-104 EVO with their N-Comm N-5 bluetooth comm system. I love it! It is quiet, comfortable, and the bluetooth hookup to my Cowon S9 mp3 player is excellent. The only thing lacking is authoritative bass....but thats just the audiophile side of me talking. The whole package is a big +1.

• Premium Member
I'm using a Schuberth S2 in conjunction with the Schuberth SRC-S bluetooth collar. First time having pinlock, PURE WITCHCRAFT ,wont buy another helmet without it; and the dropdown visor is excellent as well. The only downside is the S2 is ridiculously tight to get on and off.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I'm a bit dissatisfied with noise level in the Bell RS-1.
It's fine on the R6, but on the '09 with the stock screen, it's much noisier and I need to wear earplugs. I hate earplugs.

With the Givi 2122DT screen the Bell is OK, but it's too hot for that screen now.

I'm considering a Shoei Neotec and am also very tempted by the Schuberth C3 Pro at the moment.
It's on sale at about the same price as the Shoei Neotec.
(C3 is even cheaper).
Looks like another helmet for the rack.

Now I'm a bit dissatisfied with noise level in the Bell RS-1. It's fine on the R6, but on the '09 with the stock screen, it's much noisier and I need to wear earplugs. I hate earplugs.

With the Givi 2122DT screen the Bell is OK, but it's too hot for that screen now.

I'm considering a Shoei Neotec and am also very tempted by the Schuberth C3 Pro at the moment.
It's on sale at about the same price as the Shoei Neotec.
(C3 is even cheaper).
Looks like another helmet for the rack.
You know that nobody can help you, right?   I can't address the Shoei as I have only been using Nolan's for the past 18 years.  (5)  I just picked up a Schuberth C3 at Revzilla, because of that great deal.  My first helmet I haven't had to use earplugs in 20 years, but, I still use earplugs anyway.  Now I don't have to pull over one or two blocks from the house to put them in, but I have gotten used to them and when you go over 65 it does get a little noisy.  Around town, no need.  But, also, I have a DIY windscreen that does a good job, lots better then OEM.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)