What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Just replaced a 5 or 6 year old Shoei X11 with the Scorpion 1200. Just have one round trip to work (6 miles), but so far so good. Good fit (wore it at the shop for 30 minutes before buying) No fogging with the tinted visor up/shield down. A little quieter at city speeds.  I'll bet the upper vents don't work as well but the chin vent is much better.

EDITED TO ADD: Came down to Scorpion and Shoei Qwest.  Scorpion has a few more features (flip down visor and tighter fit on cheek pads) and slightly better reviews on line.  Both fit very similarly

Nobody uses HJC?? lol.. I have a HJC FG-17. Quality helmet in my opinion. Used Scorpions prior to this helmet.
  • Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Nobody uses HJC?? lol.. I have a HJC FG-17. Quality helmet in my opinion. Used Scorpions prior to this helmet.
I am currently wearing a HJC IS-Max-2. hjcis_max2_style_helmet_black_grey_detail_zpsvuwrnomf.jpg
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/hjc-is-max-2-style-helmet

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Shoei RF1200. Love it.
'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

Guest bruinfj09guy
I wear an HJC RPHA-ST. Slightly different shape/venting from the RPHA-10, and has a drop down visor.

'Zilla had the Schuberth C3 modular on sale for like $320 and I literally watched them sell out of every color in my size over the course of about a month. I'm so kicking myself for not just pulling on that or on the S2. They still have a few in some obscure sizes, like XS, available. That was a sweet deal and they are reportedly of the most quiet helmets. Why I didn't just bite given that I have such a loud bike I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...
I wish there was a comprehensive guide for head shape. My Bell makes my forehead sore after 2-3 hours.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Just for the edification of my cousins across the pond, and elsewhere on this inter connected planet on which we reside, I thought you might like to know about

SHARP. This is uk government sponsored independent research project into helmet safety. They are (verrry slowly) testing helmets for safety and rating them, with tests that are supposed to be a better reflection of accident conditions.

See here: http://sharp.direct.gov.uk

You can check out your helmet and see how good it is...

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P