What Helmet do you ride in?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

My Schuberth c3 was destroyed in a recent crash. It did it’s job protecting my moneymaker well. 
I replaced it with a carbon Nexx vilitar. I’m liking it a lot. Comfy. Much better ventilation than the C3 and excellent visibility. It’s pretty quiet. Seems to be well made. 

Let’s go Brandon

On 10/14/2021 at 1:46 PM, angrygirafe said:

AGV K6 arrived yesterday!

Tell you what though, it’s about 20lbs lighter than my Shoei Hornet X2, and comparatively cuts wind like a hot knife through butter.

Yeah, the light weight of the K6 is astonishing, and the aerodynamics are excellent. I'm still very happy with mine after spending most of the season in it.

It's fun to tell my friends "Go on. Pick up my helmet..."

The shield pivot and detent mechanism on the K6 is metal, and so far mine still works exactly as new; most shields start getting floopy after a few months. Good thing, because a new shield is $80... yeek. I'm SUUUUUPER careful with it in grocery stores.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Still have Shoei Neotec and use it on the hotter rides due to its modularity. But I just picked up the GT-Air II along with Sena SRL-Mesh -- first few rides getting accustomed to it compared to the Neotec. Since Shoei's fit my head better, loving the comfort of the full face helmet and being a tad bit quieter overall. 

Edited by robzilla

• 1 month later...

HJC, RPHA II PRO, with a SENA com system, DS-X1, with a heated visor for my sled and an old ARAI XD-3 for putzing around on my Honda 250 Rally.

RPHA II is by far the lightest.  XD-3 flows the most air on hot days.

DS-X1.jpg

RPHA II PRO.jpg

xd3.jpg

Edited by Heavy

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 2 months later...

Shoei RF1200 here, but for my next helmet I wonder if MIPS floating liner will be standard in all helmets. Currently only Bell, Klim, and two others have it- will it be licensed to Shoei and Arai and others in the future?

A Mips or Multi-directional Impact Protection System is a low-friction layer located between the EPS and inner helmet liner that reduces rotational impact forces. This helps protect your brain from concussion and trauma.

• 9 months later...

I tried on a bunch of different helmets this winter and found the Shoei GT Air 2 fit my head the best and had the features I was looking for. I finally managed to test it out on a few rides. The helmet is light, extremely comfortable, and the venting is as many described - I can feel the air flowing over the top of my head! The only drawback is that the wind noise is a LOT louder than I was expecting. From the different reviews in this thread, I was thinking I might not even have to wear ear plugs when riding. I have no regrets, but definitely won't be doing any extended riding without earplugs. 

I should mention I'm riding a FJ09 with the Puig sport screen, so the helmet isn't protected from the wind. 

Two weeks with a LS2 Challenger F. I find the brand is true to size and shape (intermediate oval). For me, I try to buy helmets with at least three shell sizes as it’s easier to get a great fit in the smaller sizes. Overall, happy with the purchase. Venting is good, noise level is OK, drop down visor sits low to the breath guard, and it came with a Pinlock. 

IMG_2971.jpeg