A mode or rather Let the beast loose..

A mode is  plenty fun with stock ECM as well, matter of fact I prefer it over standard in most riding situations. I'll install a full exhaust system eventually, will go with a PCV over a re-flash.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

A mode is  plenty fun with stock ECM as well, matter of fact I prefer it over standard in most riding situations. I'll install a full exhaust system eventually, will go with a PCV over a re-flash.

A flash does a lot more than just a fuel map like the PCV. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, betoney said:

A flash does a lot more than just a fuel map like the PCV. 

Yup I am aware of that, but I don't want a permanent option.......just in case. Have a local independent motorcycle mechanic and pro racer, he has a dyno and knows a thing or two about real engine tuning. :) 

• Thumbsup 1

I personally disagree, I find A mode way too touchy, I'd rather not be constantly hyper-focussed on my wrist movement.  Makes for a better ride where you can focus on what you''re supposed to be focussing on.  I bet a lot of people (unlike me) aren't publicly willing to admit they dont like A mode.

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, Skidood said:

I personally disagree, I find A mode way too touchy, I'd rather not be constantly hyper-focussed on my wrist movement.  Makes for a better ride where you can focus on what you''re supposed to be focussing on.  I bet a lot of people (unlike me) aren't publicly willing to admit they dont like A mode.

I agree with you. A mode takes too much thinking to control where STD mode is more natural to me. I ride a lot of mountain roads and A mode is just too touchy.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Skidood said:

I will publicly admit to ONLY riding in A-mode since having it flashed right after purchasing the bike.  If I get stuck in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic (not very often), I will switch to B-mode but other than that I only keep it in A-mode.

1 hour ago, RandyN said:

I agree with you. A mode takes too much thinking to control where STD mode is more natural to me. I ride a lot of mountain roads and A mode is just too touchy.

Do you have your ECU flashed?  I ride primarily twisty mountain roads, once the ECU is flashed, A-mode is VERY smooth.

• Thumbsup 2

I did actually get my ECU flashed, I still don't use A.  You hit a good bump, throttle gets accidentally bumped a smidge because, well, you're hanging onto the grip.. bike briefly leaps forward unexpectedly.  Not for me, and I'm an aggressive rider. To each his own, right?

• Thumbsup 2

36 minutes ago, betoney said:

I will publicly admit to ONLY riding in A-mode since having it flashed right after purchasing the bike.  If I get stuck in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic (not very often), I will switch to B-mode but other than that I only keep it in A-mode.

Do you have your ECU flashed?  I ride primarily twisty mountain roads, once the ECU is flashed, A-mode is VERY smooth.

Yes, just like a lesser ratio throttle.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, Skidood said:

I did actually get my ECU flashed, I still don't use A.  You hit a good bump, throttle gets accidentally bumped a smidge because, well, you're hanging onto the grip.. bike briefly leaps forward unexpectedly.  Not for me, and I'm an aggressive rider. To each his own, right?

Yes, you are certainly entitled to ride it how you please.  The scenario you described has literally never happened to me, hitting bumps or edges doesn't cause whiskey throttle, though my riding background is riding a 2-stroke race bike in the mountains on slick wet red clay covered rocks and wet tree roots.  Very precise and smooth throttle control over rough terrain with loose grip on the bars.

At least we have an option to choose different ride modes. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

I ride in A mode all the time on my 2020 and don't find it touchy at all!  Maybe I am used to it but I cannot stand the soft throttle response in Standard.  Maybe its because because my other bike is a 2010 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter, lol.  That bike compromises nothing and does not tolerate putting around town, hahah.

First summer I rode in std mode all the time till I got used to the bike.  

I now love riding in A and don't notice the twitchy throttle like I used to at first.

• Premium Member

I usually use Std mode.  The engine is fine on this bike, the stock tires and stock suspension  need to go.  I can ride it fine in A mode  but again, it ain't power that's the  problem.