The seat survey to help answer which is best

If you have swapped out on a Tracer 900 GT to one of these seats,

• Sargents 
  • Corbin
  • Yamaha comfort seat
  • Bagster 

Please reply, say which seat brand you got, and answer these 2 questions.

[1] Compared to stock seat, it is
 1) much less comfortable
 2) a bit less comfortable
 3) about the same
 4) a bit more comfortable
 5) considerably more comfortable

[2] Compared to stock seat, 
 1) slope is much worse
 2) slope is bit worse
 3) slope is about the same
 4) slope is a bit better
 5) slope is totally fixed

I would appreciate it if we don't turn this into a big discussion about seats, I want to collect real data from real users.

Please only reply with data.  I will publish the results as they come in.

thanks

• Like 1

Bagster here. Had a Sargent at one point too.

I dont remember the stocker, it's been 6 years. 

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I have a Yamaha heated comfort seat and am quite happy with it. It came with the bike so I can’t compare. It’s comfortable and I don’t have slope issues.

Edited by petshark

Sargent:

[1]    considerably more comfortable, same for the passenger portion

[2]  3    I have addressed the slope problem by shimming the front mount, did not completely fix the problem.

• Thumbsup 1

Bagster.. 

Considerably more comfortable, no noticeable slope diff but it seems a touch lower in height. Also several others found the Bagster not as comfortable due to their individual weight.. perhaps another metric to pull into your poll.

• Thumbsup 1

Corbon 

[1]  #5 considerably more comfortable

[2] #4 slope is a bit better , I like a bit of slope , it puts you in position to flat foot at red lights .

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Seat Concepts Sport Touring seat cover & foam kit:

1. 4.5  - it is very firm, far more comfortable, and to steal someone else's description, the foam is deeply 'dished' which takes a bit to grow accustomed to.
  2. 5 - because the foam adds ~ 1/2", there is no slope at all any longer.  Great if you have a tall inseam.
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I just added a Corbin to my 2019 GT, replacing a Yamaha Comfort seat.

#1-5    MUCH more comfortable, no pressure point issues noted on a 6+ hour ride.
#2-5    You sit in a very mild 'bucket'.  Can easily move around, and the cutouts near the tank are as slim as physically possible. I reach the ground much easier with this seat.

There really is no right or wrong answer here. If possible, try to test sit/ride other bikes with aftermarket seats. Even if the bikes are different makes & models, the makers underlying design philosophy will be presented and you can at least see what is or is not a good basic match for your 'sit bones' 😉. Good luck!

Mine all mine.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Yamaha heated comfort seat 

4.  a bit more comfortable

4.   slope is a bit better

With that said I have a friend with the stock seat and can not stand my comfort seat.

He recently road a 4 day trip and had no issues, can not understand my dislike with the stock seat. To each their own I guess.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Just to be different again.  The foam on the stock seat is not bad it just locks your ass into what the designers must feel is the perfect placement (usually a styling decision).  Staying in one position builds butt cheek hot spots.  In the old days seats were flat so you could move around.  If you are handy with tools and have a 4.5" grinder or random orbital sander you can flatten out the stock seat and for me with no real ass flesh it is good for 500 miles  I have had multiple corbin, saddlemen and sargeant seats.  None worked as well for my puny butt as just flattening the stock seat to my own tastes.

• Thumbsup 4