NT100 Europe Article on ADVRider

TomTracer

• Supporting Member

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Doesn’t look bad, like the smoother lines.  The sidecases are similar to the Tracer 9 GT, tall and not so big front to back. Holds 5.3 gallons of gas so a little more weight due to that.  I see it as a cheap BMW rather than a competitor to the Tracer 9 GT or Ninja 1000.  A direct competitor to the BMW F900GT and at a lower price point.

• Thumbsup 3

35 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

They’re stating it’s aimed at people who liked the Honda Deauville, so its for grandpas that also own a Toyota Prius. 

SO glad I had swallowed my drink before reading any further!!!

• Haha 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, OZVFR said:

They’re stating it’s aimed at people who liked the Honda Deauville, so its for grandpas that also own a Toyota Prius. 

Right... but the safety features will be second to none. 👍

Honda_Deauville_NT650V_Castielli.jpg

• Haha 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

1 hour ago, OZVFR said:

You have the best avatar I've ever seen....

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Wow.. $18k. 

I might be wrong but since it’s only listed as being released in Europe so far that those prices listed include VAT? 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on the old Deauville, it took a room full of Honda engineers over a million work hours to produce a motorcycle completely devoid of any character. 

Edited by OZVFR

Eeeeeeh, comparable power to the Tracer, 80+lbs more weight?  

Definitely not for me.  It looks ok, but kind of bland, much like a Tracer with all the extra fun removed.  I can get past some extra weight, but only with a power increase as well.  Running that giant twin and 547lbs to get 100hp... I dunno about that.  

It's not bad at all, but it's really not presenting anything particularly inspiring either.  I'm really not a fan of the Big Sport Touring Bike aesthetic though, where it's all enclosed plastics molded like a hilariously oversized sportbike.  Personal preference though; it's definitely not a bike I'd buy.